Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
December 4, 2020
Dear Inspire Families:
This week, Governor Newsom released a new stay-at-home order mandating increased restrictions for California regions where local hospitals reach 15% of their capacity to serve ICU patients. These restrictions do not include schools that have already reopened. Because Inspire has been implementing some in-person learning for students, we are considered open and can make local decisions about whether to remain so, and to move ahead with our plan to fully reopen on January 19.
Please be aware, however, that when our Inspire Board approved the reopening plan, they did so with the intention to revisit the plan in light of our county COVID numbers before moving forward in January. On Monday, December 14, the Board will discuss the current pandemic situation and make a decision regarding the reopening plan. As always, all members of the public are welcome to attend Inspire Board meetings. If you are interested, please check the Inspire website for the upcoming agenda and Zoom meeting link.
Meanwhile, I am proud to say Inspire has been featured in the Enterprise-Record this week, with an article featuring staff and student perspectives on our distance learning program this year. Be sure and check it out! The quote from English teacher Joseph Hill sums it up beautifully: "I realize it hasn't been easy for anybody by any means, but I think what we've done truly shows we have the best interests of students at heart." Well said.
Thinking about you all! These are difficult times, but better ones await.
Enrollment is OPEN! Inspire siblings, welcome
Senior Parents/Guardian Section
Please check HERE regularly for Senior-specific information:
Deadlines of Note:
- UC Applications extended until TODAY, Dec 4, 2020!!!
- CSU Applications extended until Dec 15, 2020!!!
- Reg2Go Application Workshop Dec 17, 2020
Inspire’s School-wide Gala 2021: We Got This!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR & ORDER YOUR DINNER & DESSERT NOW!
Inspire’s yearly Gala is coming back in a brand new format!
Inspire will have a free virtual showing of student performances and presentations at 7PM. Our fundraiser is the selling of dinners and desserts provided by Roots Catering and Blue Sugar Bake Shop respectively. The Gala will help fund our collaborative productions this year such as Phantom of the Opera, our original adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, and student showcases.
To stay up to date on Inspire Gala information follow our:
Tik Tok (@inspiregala)
FaceBook Event Page (Inspire Gala: We Got This)
NOTE: Details on dinner content and pricing is found on the site. The dinner is meat, vegan, or vegetarian enchiladas with sides and desserts are custom boxes of Inspire sugar cookies. 50% of the proceeds goes directly back to Inspire students. Thank you for supporting our first fundraiser of 2021!
Also posters and mini-flyers (business card size) are available at the Inspire Office to help promote the event.
Contact Inspire Production Director, Jarrah Myles for more information: email@example.com
Pictures we are looking for:
- Your student in their workspace, something your student made/changed/did during Distance Learning
- Their favorite quarantine hobby, your student with their pets, your student in their masks, your student doing "summery" things over break
- Your student with their favorite Starbucks or Dutch drink, your student & their favorite costumes, your student and the election (casting your ballot, registering to vote, working the polls), activities over break, your student as an activist,
- OR ANY OTHERS OF YOUR STUDENT THIS YEAR!!!
Here are ways to participate:
- Use the app HJeShare (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Use hjeshare.com (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tag photos with #2021InspireYBK on Instagram
- Answer questions asked on instagram @inspireyearbook
- Buy your book on yearbookordercenter.com (school code 16210)
Click HERE to learn more about Yearbook.
Cozy Up This Winter Inspire Style!
Get your Inspire Blanket, black plush fleece with a purple embroidered “i” TODAY! Only 20 LEFT!
Blankets have arrived and will be available in the office the Monday after your purchase.
If you have not picked up your blanket yet, they're waiting for you!
$25 minimum donation + $5 shipping and handling anywhere in the US.
Any Medium, Virtual Community Silent Art Auction Submissions - NEEDED!
Greetings all creative Inspire students and community artists! The Inspire Production Team is looking for people who would like to create art for our to raise funds for our upcoming productions -- The Phantom of the Opera and Alice in Wonderland!
We are accepting any type of art medium: painting, drawing, pottery, ceramics, chalk, pastels, digital, culinary, carvings, sewing, jewelry, crafting, or anything else inspired by these classic tales.
For additional information contact email@example.com Subject Line: “Art Auction” or to express interest fill out the following submission form: https://forms.gle/scx84pfo31oveeDV7. Have fun with it, and let your imagination run wild!
NOTE: All content must be school appropriate.
Need to talk to about their schedule?
In need of emotional support?
Let us help!
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Tasha Teeter -students last names beginning A-K
Marcus Hopkins – students last names beginning L-Z
DON'T MISS OUT ON THE NEW CAMPUS' NAMING OPPORTUNITIES!
Naming a part of the school is a wonderful way to leave a reminder of your generosity or honor a family member or alumni.
Additionally, ALL donations are matched – making your donation even more significant. If you would like to leave a lasting legacy, please contact our Development Director to discuss available options. All pledges can be made over a two year period. We want to work with you and your passion for the future of this school and the thousands of students who will pass through these doors.
Messages from the Main Office
The office is open from 8-4 Monday through Friday.
If the gate is locked, please try both sides before calling the office.
- Please have your student check in with their 4th period teacher to see if they need anything.
- You do not need an appointment to pick up or drop off materials for classes.
- However, if you need to exchange a laptop, a Chromebook or other equipment, please call the office beforehand.
Though students are not on campus, attendance is mandatory for both your daily classes and Friday afternoon Advisory.
Distance Learning Attendance Expectations:
- Teachers will track attendance for the duration of class.
- Students are required to log in, on time, at the beginning of each period and remain logged in until excused.
- If a student cannot make a class period, a parent/guardian must call or email attendance as usual.
- Students should stay in communication with their teachers.
To leave a message on the Attendance Line please call (530) 891-3133.
More information HERE.
WHO YOU GONNA CALL?
- Call and leave a message at (530) 891-3133 or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions, or material appointments:
- Call the front office at (530) 891-3090
For technology assistance:
- Call or email Ken Hardy
- (530) 891-3090 x209 or email email@example.com
To speak with your child's teacher:
- Call or email by visiting the "Staff" page on our Inspire website.
To speak with the Principal/Superintendent:
- Call (530) 230-7758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org