Paulding Reflections Student News
Information for Students Planning to Enter Reflections
Congrats to all and thank you for participating!
Paulding Entry Details in Video Below
Follow us on Social Media PTA Paulding Reflections
Six Ways to Enter
Photography, Music Composition, Visual Art, Film, Dance, Literature
See the Rules below for your category!
Things we CANNOT Accept:
Just some reminders - these things will not be accepted:
- Power Point Presentations
- Virtual Presentations
- Links to Presentations
- Artwork which is "traced" - think original!
- Laminated Projects
- Anything in or on a frame - NO FRAMES PLEASE
- Pulled Canvas (Flat Canvas Boards are fine)
- 3D works which are larger than 18X18X18
- Literature entries which exceed 2,000 words
- Photography image dimensions which are smaller than 3x5 inches or those that are larger than 8x10 - You may mount your work on poster or mat board but it may NOT EXCEED 11x14 total - including the mat board.
- 2D artwork may NOT EXCEED 24x30 INCLUDING the matting or backing you choose to use
- Anything that has not been submitted to your school/judged through your school first
- Entries without a completed student entry form attached
Things We CAN Accept:
- Entries which are completely labeled and include a labeled jump drive
- FLAT Canvas boards (not the same as a "pulled canvas")
- Labeled jump drives
- Amazingly neat artist statements!
- 2D works (photography and visual art) which is mounted on sturdy material that is no larger than 24x30 inches INCLUDING the matting.
- 3D works which do not exceed 18x18x18 inches are in some kind of holder (a box, a bag, etc. along with your completed entry form!)
Georgia PTA Says:
Help us return your entries to you as you gave them to us by doing the following:
- Completely fill out the Student Entry Form and be SURE it is with your work when you turn that in to your school
- Label your jump drive and put it inside of a ziplock back that is also labeled along with your completed student entry form
- When you turn it in at your school, be sure you hand it directly to the person in charge rather than just setting it on a desk or leaving it where you think someone will see it
Student Entry Packet Below
Don't forget to share your idea for an upcoming theme for the change at $100 prize!
Reflections Theme Search Contest
National PTA’s Reflections program has helped students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in response to a student-selected theme.
In response to this theme, students create works of art in one or all the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.
Students may enter to help pick the theme that will spark fun and creativity during the 2022—2023 Reflections program!
The student who submits the winning entry will receive $100 prize from National PTA.
Past themes and duplicate submissions are not considered. This means we’re looking for the most original theme ideas.
To participate, students must download and complete this form and mail to Georgia DIRECTLY to PTA by November 1, 2020.
The address is Georgia PTA, 114 Baker Street, NE, Atlanta, GA, 30308.