East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
Nov. 19th - Boys B-Ball Game vs. HSE Intermediate/Junior High @ 5:00
Nov. 21st - School Closed - Staff Development Day
Nov. 22nd-23rd - School Closed
Nov. 27th - Boys B-Ball Game vs. PES-I @ 4:30
Nov. 29th - Boys b-Ball Game @ MRE @ 4:30
Nov. 29th-30th Drama Club show @ PHHS
Nov. 30th - All School to see play
Dec. 4th - Boys B-Ball Game @ PES-I @ 4:30
Dec. 6th - Boys B-Ball Game @ Yorktown @ 5:30
Dec. 6th - 2nd Grade Music Program @ 6:00
Dec. 7th - All Pro Dads
Dec. 11th - Boys B-Ball Game vs. Fall Creek Intermediate @ 5:00
Dec. 13th - Boys B-Ball Game vs. MRE @ 4:30
Dec. 14th - Parents Night Out
Dec. 19th - Christmas in the Cabin
Dec. 20th - Boys B-Ball Games @ Frankton @ 5:30
Dec. 21st - End of 2nd Grading Period
School Make-up Day
School will be in session Monday, January 21st (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
Student Council Food Drive
Student Council Food Drive
All students are asked to bring in food items to help East families & the local food pantry. There will be boxes in each hallway for food items to be placed. These are the items each grade levels:
Kindergarten - Canned Soup
1st Grade - Canned Chicken or Tuna
2nd Grade - Canned Mac-n-Cheese
3rd Grade - Canned Pasta Meals
4th Grade - Peanut Butter
5th Grade - Canned Jelly
6th Grade - Canned Veggies
Student Basketball Game Policy
Student in grades 2 through 6 are allowed to stay after school for a home game that starts at 4:30. Students must bring a note with permission to stay for the game.
Reminder to Bundle Up
Outside playtime is a very important part of the elementary school program. All students are expected to play outside during the recess when the temperature, corrected for wind chills, exceeds 20 degrees Fahrenheit and health permits. Remember warm coats, hats, scarves & gloves should be worn to school and to recess during these winter months.
Drama Club presents "The Music Man (Kids)"
Drama Club will be presenting "The Music Man (Kids)" November 29-30 @ 6:30 pm @ the PHHS auditorium. Tickets are $4. They are available at www.pendletonplayers.com or at the door.
Who is interested in exploring, thinking and presenting thoughts, solutions, and ideas about science? If you are that individual than the East Elementary Science Fair is for you!! Please email Mrs. Hart at email@example.com no later than Nov. 29th if you would like to sign up!
Congratulations to our 2018-2019 Lady Arabians!
On delay days Kids' Connection will still open on time for those students enrolled in the program. If school goes from a delay to a closure the program will close also. We will close 2 hours after the closure is called. If we have to go from a delay to closing it will try to be called by 7:30.
Lunch Visitor Procedures
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student at the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please return to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students.
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
Pendleton Rugby Parent and Player Call Out Meeting
When: Tuesday, Nov. 27th
Where: The PIT at PHHS
Contact Coach Curt Trout (317) 590-4665
or Alishea Hawkins (765) 760-8256
Learn To Swim Lessons with Pendleton Swim Club
Learn To Swim Lessons with Pendleton Swim Club Give your children a safe advantage in and around the water by enrolling in our Learn to Swim lessons! We currently have two sessions scheduled, and each session will be held on 6 consecutive Saturdays. The first session will begin on November 17th, and the second session will begin in January. Please visit our website for specific lesson dates and times, or feel free to contact swim lesson coordinator, Amber Roberts, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Online registration is open at www.pendletonswimclub.org
Please write a note to the teacher & bus driver if there are any changes to your student's dismissal plans. If there is an emergency change, please phone the office by 2:30. Please do not leave a voicemail about transportation changes. We can not guarantee we will have time to listen to the message before dismissal.
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $17.90 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016
Important Policies and Procedures
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 4th.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 12:10
6th Grade: 12:40