RMS Weekly Events Calendar
October 19 - October 23
What's Going On This Week!!
Thank you for all of your help in making the book fair in the media center a success. A big shout out to Ms. Bates and Mrs. Hyde for all of their hard work in organizing the book fair and all the parent volunteers. I was excited to see so many of our students buying books to read!
It is hard to believe that the RMS football season has come to an end. I am so proud of our players and coaches. They have worked very hard and have done an outstanding job. We begin basketball this week with a home opener on Thursday against Tharptown. I encourage all of you to come out and support our RMS basketball teams. They love seeing their teachers there to support them!
I am looking forward to our half-day on Wednesday for professional development. We will be having two concurrent sessions that will be focused on learning and instruction. I appreciate that Mr. Grimes has provided this time for us to continue to grow as professionals. Professional growth is an essential component in improving student achievement and as we all know, the teacher in the classroom has the greatest impact on student success.
Thank you for all you do! You make a difference each day in the lives of students!
Monday, October 19
- No known activities
Tuesday, October 20
- Google Workshop - Media Center - Please plan to come during your planning time.
- RCS Cross Country Meet - Hanceville High School - 4:00 p.m.
- RMS Football Banquet - Russellville First United Methodist Church - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, October 21
- Professional Learning Half-Day - Students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. - You will receive a schedule through email.
Thursday, October 22
- RCS Board Meeting - Central Office - 3:30 p.m.
- RCS Cross Country Meet - Athens Bible School - 4:00 p.m.
- RMS Basketball vs. Tharptown (Home) - 4:00 p.m., 5:15 p.m., 6:30, p.m., 7:45 p.m.
- Digital Citizenship Workshop - RMS Media Center - 6:00 p.m. Joey Rushing will be here to meet with parents, students, teachers, and community members concerning the risks of using digital tools and how to reduce those risks for yourself and your students.
Friday, October 23
- Russellville High School Football - Pope John Paul (Home) - 7:00 p.m.