October 26 - October 30
A Note from the Principal
Last week Wednesday marked the start of COVID testing in our building. The health care professionals arrived at 8:00am and by 10:15am had tested 44 staff members and students. It was quick and painless. By now, you should have received your results. Ms. Esposito's students were treated to a pizza lunch because they were the first students tested, and demonstrated such bravery!
Our school is located in the Governor's designated yellow zone. That means that we will be subject to weekly testing until the positivity rate in the zone drops to 1.5% for 10 days. Testing requires consent and many of you have given consent using the paper form. However, since they instituted the yellow zone we are being ask to send home ANOTHER consent form. Yeah, I know its annoying...but I only work here. You can make it easier on us both if you use the Health Screening app. Follow the steps below to provide digital consent for weekly COVID testing.
Have a safe and healthy week!
Opt-in to Blended Learning
"I am requesting that my child, Barack Obama, transition into blended learning."
You will be notified of your child's cohort and class during the week of November 9-13. The first day of in person learning will begin the week of November 16th. I have included the link to the Learning Preference Survey for your convenience. The next opt-in window opens in January with in person learning beginning in February.
School T-shirt Update
Breast Cancer Screening
Your Vote Counts!
Early voting in New York began on October 24th. I have provided a link to find out how to get an absentee ballot and where you can go to cast your vote early. If you plan to vote in person, make a plan. Don't let long lines discourage you. Bring a chair, snacks, and whatever else you think you will need to wait as long as it takes!
Dates to Remember
- October 26-30 - Opt-in window for blended learning. Details will be in next week's newsletter.
- November 3 - Election Day: Remote learning for all students. Cohort A will not come into the building.
- November 11 - Veterans Day--schools closed
- November 26 & 27 - Thanksgiving Recess--schools closed
- December 23-January 1 - Winter Recess
- January 4 - Students return to school from Winter Recess
Instructional Cohort Schedule
- October 26 - 30 - Opt-in window opens for blended learning. Details to follow in the next issue of the newsletter.
- October 26 - Remote Monday - Asynchronous learning only; limited access to teachers
- October 27 & 28 - Cohort A ONLY attends school
- October 29 & 30 - Cohort B ONLY attends school
- November 2 - Remote Monday - Asynchronous learning only; limited access to teachers
- November 3 - Election Day--Remote Learning for all students and staff. Cohort A does not report to the school.
- November 4 - Cohort A ONLY attends school
- November 5 & 6 - Cohort B ONLY attends school