PD IS HERE!
IMPORTANT NEW INFO!
Online Access: IMPORTANT!
Once in your account, you should see Reveal Math products(s). You may need to click the link shown in the picture at right. You may also see a course like "Integrated Math I" that appears to have an Algebra 1 book. This is OK. The book had to be assigned to current classes.
The products you will see are based on what you taught during the 2019-2020 school year. You may not see all courses yet. This will be taken care of when Infinite Campus is updated. As long as you have online access to at least one class that you will be teaching, you should be fine for the PD.
Please email us if you do not see at least one new title in your ConnectED account. For help with Clever, see below.
ALEKS info: Important!
If you are new to ALEKS, here are some quick things to know:
- At the beginning of each school year, we create new classes for you and enroll students.
- After this initial "bulk upload", teachers can move students from one class to another or add new students.
- Teachers with admin access in each building can move students from teacher to teacher.
- To move students from one school to another, please contact Steve Hiner.
- Middle school students (except accelerated) start in RTI 6, RTI 7, or RTI 8. These are intervention courses. Teachers can move students into regular Math 6, 7, or 8 courses as they feel appropriate.
- High School auto-enrollment varies from class to class (see guide below).
We have a CCS-specific guide to help you. Please visit the link below:
Financial Literacy / Business Math
Note: Our Financial Literacy Math course will focus on personal financial literacy and not running your own business. Curriculum is ready for the course. See below.
Updated Curriculum Documents
- Math 6
- Math 7
- Math 8
- Compacted Math 7-8
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 1 - Part 1
- Integrated Math II
- Financial Literacy Math
You can find these documents here: Curriculum Page
We are working on Algebra 2 and Precalculus and plan to have them done soon.
Please note that we may not be able to provide stipends for teachers not currently in our system.
Join Us for Virtual PD This Summer
Each session will be three hours long. Participants can choose the dates and times that are convenient for them. The last half hour of each session is for Q and A.
AM sessions run from 8:00 AM till 11:00 AM.
PM sessions run from 12:00 PM till 3:00 PM.
We will have sessions on ALEKS and the new "Reveal Math" platform. Additionally, we will have sessions for Number Worlds (spec. ed), Precalculus, and our new Financial Literacy/Business math course (referred to as Business Math below).
REVEAL: This is our new platform. All teachers are should attend a Reveal session.
Below is a link to all materials that will be used in the Reveal sessions:
All Sessions are listed below:
Please sign up in CCS PDS by searching for course #38639
The basic app is free to use and free of advertising.
• Target audience: middle school students to adult, learning basic math and algebra
• Students can do unlimited practice problems using a “flashcard” approach
• Student progress is tracked – both student and teacher can see how the student is doing in each practice area
For information, download the PDF below.