Perry Township Office of English Learners
Have questions about how to instruct ELs virtually? Join us!
Join us to catch up, ask questions, discuss topics in which you are interested about EL students and families. We have prizes for attendees! Check us out! (click button above)
If you do not see the phrase you are looking for:
1. Add it to the sheet by clicking HERE or the image below.
2. Insert the English words you would like translated in column A.
3. The other columns (except Burmese and Chin) will automatically display the word-to-word translation. (We will update Burmese and Chin as you add phrases.)
Please note that we will translate in Hakha Chin, if you have another dialect in your building, your tutor/translator can add a column and translate. This sheet will be used for the entire district.
We are better together!
Need more than a phrase?
1. The flow charts will help you think through what service you may need and who is the most appropriate person to complete your request (your building Tutor/Translator(s) or the EL Department).
2. You may request any of these services by clicking the icon or title of the service and complete the Google form attached.
3. Your request will be sent to the EL Department and filled as quickly as possible.
4. You will receive an email with details of your request once it has been completed.
*Always check within your building for processes for absences or needs for the nurse or social worker. They have access to additional resources for reaching out to families who need interpreting.
Word to Word Translator
Using the Indiana IDOE's Secondary Literacy Framework of Vocabulary Lists, I copied and pasted the first 11 words from the Speaking and Listening section for 8th grade into the tool. Then, we have word-to-word translations for key vocabulary.
To use in your classroom:
1. Make a Copy.
2. Go to Edit, clear values.
3. Paste in your own targeted vocabulary terms for your class.
REMEMBER: Not all students may have these words from their First Language depending on their education background, but it could help many students access more of your curriculum.
Perry Township Schools Office of English Learners
Phone number: 317-789-3720
Lisa Netsch-EL Supervisor
Nichole Seal-EL Coach