May 30, 2023
Goodyear Spring Show is Thursday, June 8 at 9:00am. All grades K-5 will perform.
Volunteer & Field Day Information
Conserve Water with the Girl Scouts
Girl Scout Brownie Troop 70228 is trying to save and protect water by raising awareness at Woburn elementary schools. Water is scarce worldwide so we should do our part to conserve it. You can help right now!!
Check out the poster the troop created to see some of the easy ways you can help save and
protect water too.
Troop 77126 Food Drive at Goodyear
The Goodyear is partnering with Troop 77126 in hosting a food drive. If you would like to participate, please bring non-perishable items to the Goodyear office.
Reminder from the Nurse
As the weather is getting nicer, I would like to remind families of the dress code as outlined by the Elementary Handbook rmd.me/c8htJHgC8UH, "Clothing that is too revealing is inappropriate in a school setting. Students will use good judgment regarding appropriate attire in school." This would include midriff (half) shirts, crop tops and short skirts as well as inappropriate footwear such as open toe sandals, flip flops or slides. Administrators will determine what constitutes appropriate attire and may require a student to change or cover up as necessary and appropriate
Please review the protocols related to illness on Woburn Public Schools website https://www.woburnps.com/health-services/health-forms-info/.
Under "School Health Info" there is a link to guidelines to determine when a child should stay home called "Too sick for school". This is an outline for when a child should stay home. As always, if your child has symptoms of Covid-19 we ask that you test them prior to sending to school. If you need to report positive case to the school nurse you can email me at Hcarlson@woburnps.com.
After the Bell Session 6
After the Bell Session 6 will run from Monday, May 15 through Friday, June 16.
Wednesday, June 7
PTO Backyard BBQ Friday, June 9
Goodyear Bus Update May 2023
Please complete the Goodyear Bus Form to receive an invitation for the WPS BusRight app.
The last update to the bus schedule was at the beginning of January. Families will be notified of any changes to the schedule. Additionally, families may request a change by submitting a Bus Stop Request Form.
All students must follow guidelines for safety and appropriate behavior on the school bus. This information is available in the Woburn Public Schools Elementary Handbook. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in consequences up to and including suspension from riding the bus.
We understand that dismissal schedules may need to change at times. Please communicate any changes in dismissal to the school office by 2:00pm each day to ensure that the message is shared with staff prior to dismissal.
PowerSchool Portals Access & Report Cards
PowerSchool Portals is now live on our school website. Accounts have been created for parents/guardians provided we have an email address on file.
Click HERE for instructions on how to login.
If you are having difficulty accessing your Portal account, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or the building secretary for assistance.
- The side parking lot next to the gym is closed at 8:00am and 2:30pm for arrival and dismissal. We will be blocking access to the lot during these times. Please continue to use the drop off lane or park on the side streets if needed.
- With additional staff now at the Goodyear, we ask that families park on the side streets in the morning so staff will have access to the limited number of parking spaces available around the school.
- The drop off lane has been moving well when students exit the vehicle quickly along the sidewalk and vehicles keep moving.
- Vehicles should avoid passing on the left in the drop off lane. There have been instances of vehicle damage due to unsafe driving in the past.
Food Assistance Program
The Woburn Council of Social Concern and Winchester Hospital have teamed up to support students and families who are in need of food assistance. The backpack program provides a bag full of food to students to take home each Friday. If you would like to utilize this community resource, please complete the form below.
Kick in for Kids 5K Road Race & Health Walk
Woburn Pop Warner Football & Cheer
Woburn Recreation Spring Brochure
Kindergarten Soccer Registration
Woburn Boys & Girls Club Basketball Leagues
The Woburn Public Schools family engagement office offers assistance to all families. If you have any questions about the school or community, you can contact Mrs. Alonge or Mrs. Martins:
Family & Community Engagement Liaison Assistant
Phone: 781-460-9068 (text or call)
Working hours: 9am-2pm M-F hours may vary
Family & Community Engagement Liaison Assistant
Phone: 781-608-4217 (Text only please)
Working Hours: 5pm-8pm M-F hours may vary
News from the Special Education Department
Woburn Early Childhood Program: Information for Neighborhood Peer Models and Information for At Risk Peers
News from the Food Services Department
Once again, breakfast and lunch will be free for all students during the 2022 - 2023 school year through the Woburn Public Schools Food Services Department. Online applications are not required for free breakfast and lunch, but we encourage all families to complete the form each year.
Free and Reduced Application Form
Important June Dates
- Monday, June 5: Grade 3 field trip (trolley tour of Woburn)
- Thursday, June 8: Spring Concert (all grades K-5 performing) 9:00am
- Friday, June 9: Goodyear PTO Backyard BBQ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, June 14: Field Day
- Monday, June 19: No school in observance of Juneteenth
- Friday, June 23: Kindergarten field trip
- Friday, June 23: Grade 2 field trip
- Thursday, June 29: Last day of school 12:00pm dismissal
Student & Family Resources
- Goodyear Before the Bell 2022-2023 Registration
- WPS Youth Engaged in Service (Y.E.S.) Information
- WPS Elementary Art
- WPS Grade 4 & 5 Instrumental Program
- MA DESE School Report Card
- MA DESE School Profile
- Title I Notification Letter (English)
- Title I Notification Letter (español)
- Title I Notification Letter (português)
- Title I Notification Letter (Kreyòl ayisyen)