Rock Creek News
Keeping up with the Redhawks! August 22, 2021 Edition
Dear Rock Creek Families,
We loved getting to see you either in-person or virtually at our Back to School Night on Thursday! If you were unable to attend, please reach out to your child's teacher to get caught up on important information you may have missed.
Our kids had a great first full week back and we are getting into the swing of our routines and procedures, learning more about each other, and generally settling in for what I know is going to be a great year.
This week we look forward to our Rubio's Night Out on Wednesday from 5-8, which benefits our PTC and our first Coffee with the Principal on Friday morning. Please continue reading for more information on both of these events.
We are looking forward to a great second week!
Week at a Glance
- Early Release Monday, Dismissal is at 1:20
Tuesday, August 24th
Wednesday, August 25th
- Rubio's Night Out: 5pm to 8pm
Thursday, August 26th
Friday, August 20th
- Redhawk Spirit Day!
- Coffee with the Principal 8am to 9am
Coffee with the Principal
Here are the must-knows:
- We will meet in the amphitheater
- We will meet from 8am to 9am
- Even though we are meeting outside, you must still sign in at the office
- If you would like interpretation, please email Mrs. Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-Off Procedures: Update
- Drop-off: We were a little loose on this last week to help families and students, but are going to be tight this week around walking your student to class. ONLY families of Preschool-1st-Grade may walk their child to class. This reduces the number of people on campus, but most importantly, helps our students become more independent!
- Thank you for quickly dropping your 2nd-6th graders off from the car or parking lot. If you are a Preschool-1st-grade parent, please tighten up your goodbyes at the door. It helps your child transition more quickly into the classroom and sets him or her up for a successful school day.
- Students are welcome on campus between 7:40 and 7:50 and will head straight to their classrooms in the morning.
- Please practice kindness and patience with each other in the school drop-off lines.
- We would love some family volunteers to help us during drop-off and pick-up. Please see details below.
We also would love to have a few parents help monitor at lunch times from 11:00-12:25.
If this is something you're interested in, please email our parent volunteer coordinator, Courtney Sequenzia at email@example.com.
RUSD's COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Students and adults on campus are required to wear masks while indoors.
- Students and adults may wear their masks while outdoors, but it is not required.
- Rock Creek will take advantage of the opportunity to learn and eat outdoors to the extent practicable.
- Rock Creek will continue to engage in handwashing and sanitization procedures.
To read our district's guidance in-depth, please click here.
Important Dates to Remember
- Rock Creek Dinner Night at at Rubio's 8/25
- Coffee with the Principal 8/27 8am to 9am
- First PTC meeting of the year 9/14 at 2:30