SRES FAMILY NEWSLETTER FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 19 2021
IMPORTANT DATES SUMMARY:
- 4/23/2021 - RVC Registration FORM (2021/2022) Due
- 4/24/2021 - REEF RECYCLE Charity Event
- 4/26 - 5/07 - Pennies for Pancreatic Cancer LOP Fundraiser
- 4/30/2021 - INTENT Form (2021/2022) Due
- 5/07/2021 - LOP May Fitness Challenge (TBA)
- 5/13/2021 - Elementary Open House Cancelled - Regular Bell Schedule
- 5/14/2021 - Yearbook Form & $20 Cash Due
- 5/14/2021 - Parent Input Form (2021/2022) Due
SEE SPECIFIC DETAILS BELOW
INTENT FORM - 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR
YEARBOOK ORDER FORM & $20 CASH - DUE BY MAY 14
CLASS PLACEMENT - 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Dear Coyote Families,
As we near the end of the 2020/2021 school year and consider class placements for next year we want to ensure you have information regarding the process. Please understand that a great deal of time, energy, and professional judgment goes into the placement of each and every student.
Factors that we consider while building “balanced” classes include the following:
Combinations of students that create the strongest learning environment possible (for all students, not just a few)
Close to an equal number of boys and girls
Student personality, behavior, and special needs
Individual learning styles
Therefore, we are not accepting specific teacher requests. However, if you would like to provide input that would help us with class placement without making specific teacher requests, please complete and submit this Parent Input Form no later than Friday, May 14. Any information you provide regarding your student’s learning style, personality, behavior, and/or special needs is valued and will be noted.
Staff will use their professional and in-depth knowledge of your child as a learner and student to develop well-balanced classes that reflect the Sunset Ranch Learning Community.
When you have completed the annual Data Confirmation in the Aeries Parent Portal, teacher assignments can be accessed there prior to the first day of school as in the past.
RVC INFORMATION FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Is your family interested in attending RVC for the 2021-2022 school year? Registration is now open. There is a Virtual Informational Meeting on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 @ 6:00 pm. Here is the link for the Elementary Virtual Meeting.
Please fill out the Rocklin Virtual Campus Interest Form to register for RVC.
Registration and paperwork collection closes on April 23, 2021.
Please note, if you sign your student up on the Rocklin Virtual Campus Interest Form, you will be registering your student(s) for RVC and your student(s) will no longer be registered at Sunset Ranch Elementary School. Filling out this form registers your student to attend Rocklin Virtual Campus (RVC) starting in the fall for the 2021-2022 school year.
For additional questions/answers, please click on the RVC FAQ's for 2021-2022.
For more information on what RVC entails can be found on the RUSD RVC website.
RECYCLE CHARITY EVENT ~ SATURDAY, APRIL 24 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Event will collect aluminum cans and plastic bottles.
Otter Pop Party for the school with the most participation
Saturday, April 24, 2021, from 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Drop off location: Sierra College, 5100 Sierra College Blvd. & El Don Drive; parking lot.
Click Recycle for Charity to access the flyer.
KINDER PARKING LOT- REMINDERS!
Now that there are twice as many of us, please keep in mind the following:
- Make sure to pick up your kindergartener at 2:10 (before older siblings). If you need to make arrangements for older siblings to pick up kinders, please contact your child's teacher- if you haven't already done so.
- If there is not a curb-side spot available, please keep circling the parking lot. We are in no rush! Safety is our priority :)
- Please do not double/ triple park. Walking in between cars is not safe- especially for our smallest students.
- If you are in the kinder loop, please remain in your vehicle and keep circulating until there is a curb-side spot available.
- Turning right when exiting the parking lot will relieve congestion.
- Parking on the street and walking in is always preferred, especially if the weather allows :)
- Please continue to wear masks at pick up and drop off.
- Dogs are not allowed on campus.
ELEMENTARY OPEN HOUSE CANCELLED
Thank you for your continued support and partnership during this challenging year. It has been wonderful having all students back on campus these past two weeks. The voices and laughter of children have brought our campuses back to life!
Our annual TK-6 Open House was scheduled for Thursday, May 13, 2021. Unfortunately, due to continuing restrictions on large gatherings due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are cancelling Open House this year at our elementary schools including the Rocklin Virtual Campus (RVC). We look forward to resuming this important community event in the 2021-22 school year.
Thursday, May 13 was scheduled to be a minimum day. However, with the cancellation of Open House, we are changing this day back to a full instructional day with normal school hours (Early Start - 7:50-2:20 / Late Start - 8:25-2:55). Please adjust your schedules accordingly.
SPRING IS HERE! SO HERE IS A REMINDER ABOUT DRESS CODE @ SRES
Please ensure students are wearing appropriate clothing and shoes according to the RUSD Board Policy provided in part below:
Student Dress and Appearance (Reference Board Policy 5132)
The following guidelines are intended to define appropriate student attire and personal grooming and shall apply to all regular school activities:
▪ All garments must fit and be worn in the manner in which they are designed. Pants must be worn at or above the hip point and be able to stay up without a belt.
▪ Footwear must be worn at all times. At all elementary schools, for safety reasons, thongs or backless shoes/sandals are prohibited; however, sandals may be worn if they have heel straps.
▪ For the safety of our students, Physical Education requires that athletic shoes that stay on during high activity be worn.
▪ Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, tank tops, torn-off sleeves, bare midriffs, and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
▪ Inappropriate lettering, printing, message patches, or messages on clothing, hats, backpacks, binders, or other personal items are prohibited.
▪ Hats are not allowed to be worn in the classroom (district-wide) with the exception of classroom curriculum activities.
Wow! ALL COYOTES, ALL DAY IS WONDERFUL!
Thank you all for such a continued smooth return to ALL COYOTES ALL DAY. We continue to have health and safety protocols in place. Please review the school expectations below with your student(s) and please let your teacher(s) know if you have any questions.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION FOR ALL GRADES IS OPEN! REGISTER TODAY!
For more registration information regarding TK/Kindergarten Registration, please click here.
Registration for all grade levels is open. To register your student, please click here.
We will be sending home intent to return forms with more information for current students at SRES and RVC soon. Stay tuned.
RVC LUNCH PICK-UP CHANGE STARTED APRIL 6!
The RVC and community members will only be served at THREE locations beginning 4/6/21. Nutrition Services Flyer Please call 916-624-1112 , ext 1 if you have further questions.
SVMS, RHS, and WHS
SRES will not be serving Take & Bake lunches for the remainder of the year.
Please make sure students return to school with their library books after spring break. Since we will be returning to a regular schedule, the library will be enforcing its traditional rules of :
TK-1st grade students- 1 book checkout
2nd-6th grade students- 2 book checkout
No checkout for a student with an overdue book
Inside California Education Featuring Mrs. Cihak!
Inside California Education Show To Air April 21 at 7:30 p.m. on KVIE
Inside California Education is a public television series that explores the challenges, issues, and stories of public education. The show that is set to air Wednesday, April 21, 2021, offers an insider’s perspective on how The Monterey Bay Aquarium partners with California educators to bring virtual life science into the virtual classroom for students while learning from home during the Covid-19 worldwide pandemic.
Katy Scott, STEM Integration Manager at the Monterey Bay Aquarium virtually teaches 4th-grade students from teacher Rebecca Marquez-Cihak’s class at the Rocklin Virtual Campus.
Flower Power Fundraiser
Click the link below to order for direct delivery to your home. Thank you!