My Suggestions from personal experiences:
- Even if you buy kits, order more power bits and batteries
- Order extra servo and DC motors, many projects need them and kids love them!
- If you have any trouble at all with your bits, contact littleBits support! They are very accommodating and helpful!
- Although interesting, vibration motors are quite fragile and the tiny red/blue wires break quickly - I wouldn't recommend them
- Mounting boards are helpful, but don't spend too much on them.
STEAM Student Kit - Invention Guide (can use for ideas even without the full kit)
Handle with Care!
Bits are electronic components, and while they are designed to be robust, they are not invincible.
Bits should never be thrown or dropped.
Handle the bits that have movable components with extra care.
The wires should not be twisted, crimped, or bent at extreme angles.
Keep the littleBits in the divided trays provided unless attached to mounting board.
- check all connections
- check switches and screws
- check the battery
- are the bits in the correct order
- "ask 3 before you ask me"