Student Learning Objectives
A One-Day Workshop Designed for District/School Leaders
Tuesday, February 9th at the Genesee Career Institute, Room 3
Have you been wondering about Student Learning Objectives?
This workshop is designed to increase your understanding of Student Learning Objectives and how they may be used to help determine student growth. This one-day workshop will help participants understand what Student Learning Objectives are, how they may be used in combination with other measures, as well as tips for a successful implementation.
Student Learning Objectives Workshop:
When: Tuesday, February 9th
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Room: Genesee Career Institute (GCI) 3
Cost: $75.00 (materials and lunch included)
Presenter: Wendy Zdeb-Roper, MASSP
Audience: Building and District Leaders
- Review proposed legislation on educator evaluation focused on student growth measures
- Gain a clear understanding for the use of Student Learning Objectives (SLOs)
- Learn the structure for writing an SLO and how to assess for quality
- Review a number of growth target options to determine SLO attainment and rating
- Discuss options for combining "practice" (framework rating) with student growth for a summative rating