Cul Geo Globalization and Geography
By Damian Fowler
What is globalization and geography?
Why do they matter?
Making the toothpaste
Toothpaste contains many ingredients, with the main ones being glycerin, hydrated silica, water, sorbitol and other ingredients depending on producer and type. Most, if not all, of the ingredients are made in the US and China. Some Ingredients mixed together with certain amounts of each material and it is cooked, then more ingredients are mixed again. They are rapidly put into tubes and then boxes and then weighed and they get shipped away.
The main manufacturing area in is Greensboro, NC
Solution to the Technology Problem
Pro's of globalization
- Gives people in developing nations jobs
- Developing nations can get better technology without having to research it
- Cultures can interact with each other
- Goods become cheaper due to increased supply
Con's of Globalization
- Some cultures are destroyed as more advanced consume them
- Pandemics can happen much more easily and disease can spread around the world
- Outsourcing gives jobs to one nation, but removes some from the other
- The workers in developing nations work in bad conditions