Wills' Elementary Update
Happy Monday Elementary!
I hope that everyone took advantage of the beautiful weather this weekend and planned some fun things with family and friends.
Thanks to the wonderful teamwork of Mrs. Lerner, Jones, Robinson and Rutherford, The Love, Read, Learn Workshop turned the Media center into a venue of learning as parents were greeted with a presentation on how parents can assist their children with reading in the home and then parents participated in mini workshops with their child to practice reading strategies and create various activities and games to practice together!
This semester is swiftly moving as we are only a few days from the end of the 1st nine weeks. Please review the important dates below for grades and report card information. We are also wrapping up the first round of informal observations. It has been an awesome experience being in the classrooms and watching teachers and students challenge themselves to reach higher heights!
We will begin pre-conferences next week in preparation for formal observations. You will receive an email notification for sign up times.
On another note, teachers received fundraiser packets from PTSA last week. Instead of having a kick-off, PTSA is asking that you review the packets with your students and have them take home to their parents and share the information with them. Let the fundraising begin:)
* To ensure that attendance is current in FOCUS, it is important that it be entered during homeroom each day.
* Remember to check for dress code and send violators to Ms. Corbett by 9:00 a.m. daily.
Please remember to find coverage for any day that you are not able to be on duty during your scheduled week. It is very important that we have adequate coverage for student safety.
Duty Schedule for this week includes: 2nd, Reading, and Patrols
Other Important Dates:
* NEHS Meeting- Monday, October 14 at 2:45 in Jemison's Classroom
* Mini Mu Club- Tuesday, October 15 at 7:20 in Mrs. Allen's Classroom
* 1/2 4th Grade FT- Mission San Luis, Tuesday, October 15th
* 1/2 4th Grade FT- Mission San Luis, Thursday, October 17th
*3rd, 4th and 5th Grades PM Meeting- Tuesday October 15th
* Elementary Faculty Meeting-Tuesday, October 15th (3:10-4:15) in Mrs. Jemison's
* Kindergarten PM Meeting- Wednesday, October 16th
* Elementary Science Committee Mtg. Wednesday, October 16th (3:15) in Admin.
* End of 1st 9-weeks, Thursday, October 17th
* 1st and 2nd Grades PM Meeting, Thursday, October 17th
* 1/2 FT- Kinder (Aunt Louise's Farm), Thursday, October 17th
* K-Kids- Thursday, October 17th at 2:45 in Ms. Magnuson' s Room
* Tech Thursday- October 17th at 3:15 in Gold Computer Lab
* Students Off/ Teacher PD day, Friday, October 18th
* Red Ribbon Week- October 21st- October 25th
* Fall Carnival- Friday, October 25th (1:00-2:30)
* Grades due and posted in FOCUS by 4:00, Friday, October 25th
* 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades PM Meeting- Tuesday October 29th
* 1st and 2nd Grades PM Meeting, Thursday, October 31st
* Report Cards will be in your box first thing Friday morning November 1st
Thank you for all that you do and have a wonderful week!