My Own State Flag
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Standards:
- 113.4.b.14 Citizenship. The student understands important customs, symbols, and celebrations that represent American beliefs and principles and contribute to our national identity. The student is expected to:
- (B) identify selected symbols such as state and national birds and flowers and patriotic symbols such as the U.S. and Texas flags and Uncle Sam; and
- (C) Explain how selected customs, symbols, and celebrations reflect an American love of individualism, inventiveness, and freedom.
x Critical thinking, problem-solving, & decision-making
x Creativity and innovation
- Students will create their own state, name it and make up a flag.
- Students will be able to color their own flags and be creative.
Look at their KidPix and see if they completed the flag. Also, read their description of what will be on their flags and the meaning of that particular design and see if it on their flag.
I used KidPix because this program is great tool for kids and easy for them to figure out how to operate to design their flags.