American Heritage Girls TX3444 - Temple, Texas
We have a few changes to report - first, is we are now chartered by St. Mary's Catholic Church in Temple! We are very excited to be a part of the parish community and the opportunities it will bring to our troop to serve our community! Second, while our meeting days haven't changed, our meeting time has changed slightly - we'll begin at 6:15 p.m. and end at 7:30 p.m.
Please sign your daughter in and out in the notebook on the table as you come in the Hall for each Troop Meeting. This is important for attendance and security. Thank you!
This newsletter will be sent to everyone via email so we can keep you informed of upcoming events and opportunities. We will also try to update our Facebook page. If you are not yet a member of our closed Facebook Group, please send me a request on Facebook to be added. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1502581590040615/
Ethics and Integrity Ministry (EIM)
In order to register for an EIM Workshop you must first complete the volunteer application located at: https://www.eappsdb.com/Login.asp?ORGZ%20Key=4 You will select “Diocese of Austin” from the drop-down box and click “Register” if you have never taken an EIM Workshop Class before. Then simply fill out the Application.
Each adult is required to submit a one-time EIM Application for Ministry and attend an EIM workshop every three years. Once you log in to your EIM account or create a new account, you will be able to find the workshop schedule and sign up for a workshop. Attendance at a Basic workshop meets the three-year refresher compliance requirement. Plan to arrive promptly as late arrivals may not be admitted. Children should not be brought to EIM workshops.
If you are a victim of sexual abuse or if you have any concerns regarding your attendance to a workshop, please contact Emily Hurlimann at 512-949-2447 to make an alternative arrangement to receive your training. Such inquiries remain confidential.
It is the intention of E.I.M. that relationships in ministry be experienced at all times as charitable and cause neither harm nor allow harm to occur. This Code of Ethics has been adopted by the Diocese of Austin. Those who serve in ministry in the Diocese of Austin shall:
- Exhibit highest Christian ethical standards
- Exhibit moral manner consistent with the discipline, norms, and teachings of the Church
- Provide an environment free from harassment
- Not exploit counseling, supervisory or authoritative relationship for own benefit
- Not behave abusively or neglectfully
- Share concerns about suspicious or inappropriate behavior with the pastor, principal, Vicar General, Superintendent, or Bishop
- Adhere to the requirements of the law according to the State of Texas regarding reporting of any suspected abuse of a minor or vulnerable adult http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/
- Accept personal responsibility in the protection of minors from all forms of abuse
- Follow the policies on Ethics and Integrity in Ministry.* http://www.austindiocese.org/offices-ministries/offices/ethics-and-integrity-ministry-office
Rotary Club Spaghetti Supper - October 28, 2016
Additionally, this event affords our girls some service hours! We have been invited to volunteer at the supper! The Rotary Club loves our girls! Usually, the time is from about 4 p.m. to 7:00/7:30 p.m., but it's flexible, if you are not able to arrive at the 4 p.m. time. If you are interested in participating, please see me or Jackie Basile. (Please show up in your Class A uniform!)
Troop Camp Out
Information concerning the awards and eligibility can be found at: http://www.nccs-bsa.org/index.php/religious-activities
Things to think about and plan for:
- Troop Camp Out - November 4-6 OR November 11-13
- H.U.G.S. Project - This is an ongoing project for our troop this year! We need more children's and young adult's clothes, undergarments, socks, toiletries, and educational games for our duffle bags. If you or anyone you know is cleaning out their closets, garages, or attics, please seek out those gently used (OR BRAND NEW) items that we can donate to the Children's Free Clinic of Temple.
- Our alternative National Day of Service is in the final stages of planning. I will keep you posted on that information once I have all the details!
Troop Policy Handbook
Important Dates to Remember:
- October 3 - Troop Meeting/Class A Uniform: If you are new to American Heritage Girls, as a Tenderheart, Explorer, Pioneer, or Patriot, you will be working on your Joining Award and Our Flag Badge.
- October 17 - Troop Meeting - SUMMER AWARDS/Class A Uniform: We will award badges to girls who completed work this summer and use the remainder of time as a troop meeting.
- October 17 - Deadline to turn in Rotary Club Spaghetti Supper ticket money and any unsold tickets
- October 21-23 - PiPa Invitational - Weatherford, TX. This event is for Pioneers and Patriots only. If your Pioneer or Patriot daughter is interested in attending, please let me or Penny Barkis know!
- October 28 - Rotary Club Spaghetti Supper at the Temple High School Cafeteria 4-7 p.m. - AHG Volunteers needed! If interested, please let me know!
- October 31 - Halloween - No Meeting
- October 31 - ABBY CANDLES FUNDRAISER BEGINS!!!
Our Troop Leaders
Explorer 4: Jessica Rodriguez
Explorers 5/6: Jackie Basile and Regina Tavernier
PiPa: Penny Barkis
Troop Coordinator: Jennifer Stoebner
Troop Vice Coordinator: Regina Tavernier
Troop Treasurer: Jackie Basile
Troop Shepherd: Linda Lindberg
Charter Organization Representative: Father Steven Sauser
Girl Representatives: Brenn Barkis and Savannah Turner