Math Coach's Yearlong Institute
An Ongoing K-5 Professional Development Opportunity
Take your good to great this year!
The Math Coaching Virtual Institute is an opportunity for math coaches to learn best practices and discuss a variety of resources that can help them take their coaching to the next level. Throughout the year coaches will learn how to get their teachers to engage in academically rigorous, standards-based, evidence based best practices for teaching mathematics.
In this Online Institute Math Coaches will:
1) Participate in live online 4 hour workshops 4 times a year (which will be recorded for further viewing)
2) Have access to 2 follow-up on demand webinars throughout the year.
3) Have access to a variety of digital resources
4) Work on their own Math Coaching Plan (which they will craft in the group and receive support implementing throughout the year)
* There is an add on option to Receive Individual Online Coaching from Dr. Nicki Monthly or 4 times a year to correlate with the sessions (inquire for more details)
Math Coaching Institute
Friday, Sep. 8th, 9am to Friday, May 4th 2018 at 3:30pm
This is an online event.
All Math Coaches must apply to be accepted to the institute
Cost $1000 for the year
*Early Bird Registration $750 paid in full before August 25th
We accept P.O.’s
(Call for district pricing of coaches from several buildings)
Dates will be (Sept. 8th; Dec. 18th; March 5th; May 4th)
*There will be 2 alternative dates as well tbd
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Why Coaching for Coaches?
In this yearlong institute we will look at 3 key coaching questions:
- What are the best frameworks for coaching?
- How do we help teachers to develop the skill sets, the knowledge bases, and the habits of mind and ways of being they need to implement academically rigorous, standards- based, engaging, differentiated lessons?
- How do we coach from an inquiry and strengths-based position to develop the best in every teacher?
Participants will learn how to:
- Engage teachers in doing math to deepen their own mathematical proficiency
- Facilitate planning professional development that scaffolds teacher learning and improves student achievement
- Integrate current math research into their coaching cycle
- Plan for learning targets and rigorous tasks around priority standards
- Analyze the big picture of formative and summative math assessments in your school
- Reflect on and set goals for their own coaching practice