Congratulations, DEN Ambassador!
You've been selected to participate in this cohort!
What is a DEN Ambassador?
One tech savvy, high flyer or Discovery Education enthusiast from each school has been selected, and you are it! Because of your position of influence and your mad tech skills, you have been selected to participate in this special cohort. What are DEN Ambassadors ? They are a passionate community of educators who believe in the power of digital media to transform teaching and learning. Each DEN Ambassador makes a commitment to attend a series of professional learning experiences, participate in on-line discussions, and share what he or she learns with colleagues and administrators.
For the video overview of the program, click the link below:
Who do DEN Ambassadors impact?
- Students, by evolving instruction
- School-site colleagues, by sharing best practices
- Principals, by raising awareness of resources
- Global colleagues, by providing feedback
- Themselves, by challenging prior thinking
How do DEN Ambassadors make an impact?
DEN Ambassadors attend a series of 3 in-personal professional learning and networking events, engage in on-line conversations through Edmodo, and share what they learn with their colleagues and administrators.
DEN Ambassadors will be expected to attend the following meetings:
- Monday, February 1 - 3:00-4:30
- Wednesday, March 16 - 3:00-4:30
- Thursday, April 21 - 3:00-5:-00 (including a dinner reception and recognition ceremony)
All meetings will be held in the Mac and PC labs in the Technology Department. Rooms are located upstairs in the Valley Academy building, 2065 East Holly Grove Rd, Lexington.