The Puma Pride
September 30, 2019
School Closed on Monday, September 30 for Rosh Hashanah
Happy Holidays to our families celebrating the holiday.
Science Explorers, an outside organization, will be offering a variety of science experiences for Willow Dale K-5 students. Click here for more information.
NWEA MAP Assessments
Monday, Sep. 23rd, 8:45am to Friday, Oct. 4th, 3:45pm
Willow Dale K-5 Classrooms
October Rotation Calendar
Willow Dale School Picture Day
Monday, Oct. 7th, 8:45am
720 North Norristown Road
Joe Corbi Fundraiser Order Due - October 7th -PICK UP IS NOVEMBER 4TH FROM 5:30 - 7:30 PM
Willow Dale First Annual Trunk or Treat
Friday, Oct. 18th, 6:30pm
720 North Norristown Road
SAFETY & SECURITY
Visitors to the school must enter the school’s front foyer (white doors) and ring the bell, located next to the door that leads to the main office. Once buzzed in, our fantastic staff will be happy to serve you!
- Visitors must obtain a visitor’s pass from the main office.
- All visitors to the building will have his/her photo identification card scanned through the Raptor system to ensure everyone’s safety. Please make sure you have your driver's license or state photo ID card available upon entrance. The system was upgraded this year, therefore ALL visitors must present their driver's license when they enter the building.
- Visitors or parents may be escorted to their room where their business or volunteer work is being conducted.
- Students are requested not to bring guests to school unless permission is granted in advance by the principal.
- Forgotten books, lunch money, lunches, etc. should be left in the office. We will see that they are delivered to the student.
- If a parent or designated adult is picking a student up from school early, photo identification is required to release the student.
Thank you very much for helping us maintain a safe school for our students and staff!
Children who attend school regularly make the best academic progress, graduate, and go on to successful post-secondary education and/or careers.
Students, who arrive late (after 8:45 am), must report to the office for a late slip. Parents should accompany tardy students to the office to sign in the student.
If your child is going to be absent, please notify the school to let us know.
SUBMITTING ABSENCE NOTES
Attendance Notes can be Submitted Electronically via email at WDAttendance@centennialsd.org. Please know you will still receive automated phone calls (to the primary phone listed in Skyward) if you have not submitted an absence note via email on the days your child is absent from school.
**Absence notes must be submitted within 3 days of the student's absence, otherwise, the absence will be recorded as unexcused.
E-Mailing Attendance Notes
- Parents with children in Willow Dale may e-mail attendance notifications/notes to the following address: WDAttendance@centennialsd.org
- E-mail notifications are encouraged on the morning of the absence day. However, e-mailed absence notes may be sent on the day following the absence.
- When sending an absence notification please include the following information:
- Child's Name
- Child's Grade
- Child's Homeroom Teacher
- Date(s) of Absence
- Reason for Absence
- Contact Phone # for Parent/Guardian
- Other Pertinent Information
- While you may still continue to call the school on the day of absence, a follow-up e-mail or a written note is still required for the absence to be excused.
SCHOOL SAFETY DRILLS
We will practice fire, lock-in, lock-out, and weather emergency drills. These drills may or may not be announced. Unannounced drills more accurately indicate the preparedness of the school and the effectiveness of safety procedures. Your child's teacher will review the exercises and procedures with their classes. Please make the teacher aware of any concerns regarding your child's participation in the safety drills.
The Warminster Director of Emergency Management Services and the Warminster Police Department will be invited to observe our drills and provided feedback for improvement.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Dr. Perkins or Mr. Julius.
Family Trips Scheduled During the School Year
Dear Centennial Families;
The Centennial School District Board of School Directors approved Policy 204.1, Family Trips Scheduled During School Year.
Although the scheduling of family trips during the instructional year is not encouraged, the Centennial School Board recognizes that students may benefit educationally by accompanying their parent(s)/guardian(s) on trips. The revision to the policy will allow the schools to approve up to five (5) days instead of three (3). Any trip beyond five (5) days will need the approval of the Superintendent.
Parent(s)/Guardian(s) who are requesting approval for a family trip need to complete and submit the attached form to their building principal at least two (2) weeks before the trip.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Perkins or Mr. Julius.