Week Ahead for Our Jayhawk Families
October 14 - 18
Oct 14 - Thanksgiving
Oct 16 - Karate Kids
Oct 23 - Karate Kids
Oct 25 - Spirit Assembly - 2:45 - we are celebrating 20 years of participating in the Terry Fox Run!
Oct 28 - Gr. 7 immunizations (hep B/hpv)
Oct 30 - Karate Kids
Oct 31 - School Spirit Day: Halloween - parade (12:45), Boo Bop (K - 3/4 dance in second block) & Halloween Dance (Gr. 4/5 - 7/8 - in third block)
Nov 1 - PA Day
Nov 5 - Parent Council Meeting (6 p.m.)
Nov 8 - Photo re-takes
Nov 11 - Remembrance Day Assembly - 10:40 a.m. - parents/guardians/grandparents are welcome to attend
Nov 28 - Parent Council presents Family Movie Night
Nov 28 - School Spirit Day: Jersey Day
Nov 29 - PA Day
Dec 18 - School Holiday Show (afternoon & evening performances)
Dec 20 - School Spirit Day: P.J. Day
Dec 23 - Jan 3 - Holidays
March 3 - Graduation and Siblings Photo Day
KFL & A Public Health Dental Screening
Secondly, then dental screening helps us to monitor the oral health of children in this region. The monitoring allows KFL & A Public Health to identify the prevalence of dental disease and any new trends in dental disease. The information is used to plan programs and services that best meet the needs of children in our communities. Therefore, even if your child sees a dentist regularly, it is important that they have their teeth screened so that they are included in our monitoring of dental disease in our region.
Ontario Regulation 570 School Health Programs and Services, made under Health Protection and Promotion Act, requires dental screenings each year in all elementary schools. If you do not want your child to be screened this school year, please tell the Health Unit in writing. This letter must include your child's full name, school and grade.
Mail the letter to:
KFL&A Public Health
221 Portsmouth Avenue
Safe Arrival & Pick Up
Here's a few reminders...
- enter south/west (closest to Hwy 401), exit north/east (closest to Hwy 15) - as usual
- additional parking spaces are by the fence - please park in open parking spaces or on the road (please never park in the bus lane - this is also our emergency vehicle route)
- buses will enter the parking lot single file (so students will not have to go through the parking lot to to embark/disembark)
- student drop off/pick up zone is the area just outside the office windows by the planters - for safety reasons, students and parents may NOT walk in between the buses to get to and from vehicles
- the accessible parking is the first/closest parking space in the lot
Donate your old JPS swag!
Paper copies: We will not be sending home paper copies this year. Wendy will have a few at the office if you'd like to stop by and pick one up each week.
Newsletter email list: If you wish to add or delete an an email, please complete the google form at the link below and submit or complete the form below and return to school or jot us a note with your email address.