BCSD In Service
An effort to help the Houston victims of Hurricane Harvey.
September 4, 2017 - Opportunity to make a difference!
Helping the Victims of Hurricane Harvey
Dear BCSD Families and Community Members,
In collaboration with Senator Terrence Murphy and the Bedford Teachers Association, BCSD is assisting in an effort to assist the Houston area victims of Hurricane Harvey. Senator Murphy has arranged for a truck to carry supplies from our School District to Houston. The Bedford Teachers' Association will be helping to load the truck with needed items. Items need to be delivered to student's respective schools by Thursday morning, September 7th.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS FOR HURRICANE HARVEY
Food items must be packaged in sturdy cans, boxes, or bags. Avoid items packaged in
glass. Acceptable items include:
- Canned meals (soup, stews, chili)
- Tuna (or other canned meats)
- Boxed instant meals (mac n' cheese, hamburger helper, etc.)
- Peanut butter
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Canned or bagged beans
- Pasta & spaghetti sauce
- Healthy snacks
- Baby Supplies, which may include formula, food, bottles, pacifiers, diapers, wipes, etc.
- School Supplies - Back packs, pencils, pens, washable markers, crayons, paper, note books, etc.
- Hair brushes and combs
- Feminine hygiene products
- Body wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Water and beverages
- Chocolate and other candies.
- Perishable items, such as fresh fruit, vegetables, bread, and pastries.
- Flour or sugar
Thank you for considering participating in this effort to help others in need.
Dr. Christopher M. Manno, Superintendent of Schools
A community celebration for the Bedford Central School District to start the school year with enthusiasm, energy, and community spirit.
There will be music, food trucks, fan t-shirts, fireworks and an introduction to our fall teams.
We hope all of our families from our elementary schools, middle school, and high school, as well as community members, come out and join the fun on September 15th.