October 14, 2016
GOAL #1: STUDENT GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Lawrenceville Elementary School (LES) received the 2016 Ralph Copleman Environmental Award for the LES School Garden at the 18th Annual Lawrence Township Economic Development Awards ceremony on October 13. Principal Melissa Lockett accepted the award.
Photos below show LES students tending the garden in various stages - from planting to harvest!
Just dance Walk Like an Egyptian "brain break." @TarasovsClass. Who doesn't need a brain break every once in a while?!?
GOAL #2: CULTURE OF LEARNING FOR ALL
CIAPD met Thursday.
This week found me:
- meeting with an administrator about the open guidance supervisor position and participating in round 2 interviews for the position (my recommendation is on the BOE agenda for Wednesday night);
- leading our monthly COA meeting; and
- attending agenda setting.
I attended the GradNation Community Summit at Rutgers in Camden on Thursday and presented, along with Tom Smith, Hopewell superintendent, and Abby XXXXXXXXXX on Diversity Dialogues.
On Friday I attended and was inducted into (upon nomination by a couple people) the New Jersey Council of Education at the NJPSA/FEA Conference Center in Monroe Township.
I plan to meet with a group of staff (based on the principal's discretion) at each school to explore allegations made in the LTEA's letter. I've met with groups at two schools thus far and concerns related in "the letter" have not been substantiated.
GOAL #3: LOCAL & GLOBAL COMMUNITY
We'll provide babysitting, light refreshments and door prizes! Please register via our website so we can plan for you.
Since last week, we've identified four breakout groups primarily based on feedback we received on the "Your THOUGHTS" cards we distributed at Back-to-School Nights and feedback we solicited online. The groups are:
- Cultivating a Culture of Creativity: Meeting the needs of our Gifted Students
- Facilities Referendum (Referee): You make the call
- Afterschool Activities: Where are your children after 3PM?
- Benvenuto! Bienvenue! Bienvenida! 歡迎! Exploring our World Languages