3 General Stratergies & 9 Test-specific Stategies
9 Test-Specific Strategies
1. Chunk the word problems
2. Do the easiest problems first. Don't stay on a problem that you are stuck on.
3. Pace yourself, don't rush . Read the entire question and pay attention to the details.
1. Don’t get caught up in fancy scientific jargon. Put the questions and answers in your own words.
2. Do what you know first, and skip or guess if necessary. Hint: Questions are often in order of increasing difficulty.
3. Perform rough calculations. If you have to bust out your math skills, just do a quick estimate calculation. You have four choices in front of you. No exact number needed!
1. Always read the question first.
2.Make sure understand exactly what each questions is asking.
1. Skim through the passage before you answer the questions.
2. Avoid being influenced by the answer choices