S.H.E. Family Newsletter
November 11, 2022
Important Dates to Remember
- November 10: PTO meeting 5:30
- November 11: Veterans' Day: No School
- November 15: PTO Scarecrow Entries Due
- November 16: PTO Pie/Cookie Dough Pick Up
- November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break-No School
- January 28-December 16: Food Drive Starts
- November 29: PTO Meadow Farms Fundraiser Due
- December 7: Early Release Day at 1:15
- December 23: Early Release Day for Winter Break 1:15
- December 26-January 2: Winter Break-No School
- January 3: First Day Back from Winter Break-Full Day
- January 16: MLK Day-No School
Things to Know & Reminders
- SHE art students were recognized at yesterday's BOE meeting. Students displayed chosen pieces and spoke a few words about our incredible art program. Way to represent SHE! (see above pic)
- SHE's new security guard is named Garrison Toof. Kids know him as, Mr. Gary. Mr. Gary has settled in nicely and looks forward to meeting families. (see Mr. Gary's photo below)
- SHE will be starting a food drive to support PROJECT PIN, local food bank in Moosup. Please see the flyer below.
- Please consult the PTO Facebook page for pictures of student lost and found items. Each item has a number. You can comment if the item belongs to your child and it will be delivered back to them the next day. All unclaimed items will be donated in December to make room for newly discovered lost items. Items include sweatshirts, long sleeved shirts, coats, water bottles, etc.
- SHE has an Instagram. Find us @shepardhillelementary for current happenings. Pictures of current events and celebrations can be found on this page. Recently posted items include Fire Prevention Day, Spirit Week, and local beekeeper presentation.
- If you have not turned in your free and reduced food form yet, please do so. We anticipate the free breakfast and lunch program to end in December. At that time, breakfast and lunch will be paid for.
- Starting in November, if you would like to have lunch with your child, SHE is starting "Lunch with a Loved one." Please see the attachment below, with the information and QR code to sign up. A separate table with be set up in the cafeteria for this special moment.
- SHE is looking to fill part time paraprofessional and substitute paraprofessional positions. A degree is not required for either positions, as we will administer the Parapro assessment. Please apply by clicking on this link https://www.applitrack.com/plainfieldschools/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?AppliTrackJobId=355&FromAdmin=True&AppliTrackJobId=355&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
- Breakfast and lunch are free of charge for the time being. We will provide ample notice to families when it returns to purchase only. Those needing free/reduced forms, please call the main office.
- A friendly reminder as the weather becomes cooler. Shepard Hill, is indeed on the top of a very tall hill. We are surrounded by open sports fields. This makes outdoor recess and break time very windy and cool. Plan for it to be at least 5-10 degrees cooler here than at home. A light jacket or sweatshirt to be kept in your child's backpack is appreciated.
- When visiting the school, please have your ID ready to display. I hope it provides you comfort knowing that we are super safe and will not release your child with someone that we do not recognize.
- When dropping off off late, or picking students up early, please use the parking lot driveway. The bus throughway is a fire lane. We also have several classrooms who walk, draw, or use the sidewalks.
Please Welcome Mr. Gary, new SHE security guard
We need your help...
During the month of November, we would like to honor service members within the greater SHE community by featuring their pictures in the school’s display case. Please forward pictures via email to Kristen Langlois at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the service member and how he/she is related to the SHE student or staff.
Thanks in advance.
From the PTO desk...
The at home build a scarecrow contest has begun! Build your best scarecrow and return your artwork along with the form back to school no later than 11/15.
MCM Pie and Cookie Fundraiser pick up will take place on November 16th. Prizes will be handed out when pies and cookie dough are picked up.
Meadow Farm fundraiser has officially started and all forms and money will need to be returned by 11/29.
The candy bar sale will begin in the next few weeks. We have a limited number of boxes of candy for families to sell.
**Looking to volunteer at a PTO event (Book Fair, Holiday Shop, etc.)? Volunteer forms need to be filed with the school so you can be cleared to volunteer. Please send in a note to the school asking for a form or send us a message and we can get a form sent home with your student.**
Email - SHESPTO@plainfieldschools.org
Facebook - @SHEPTOCT