Summer Resources Edition
The 2018 Summer Local Programs & Summer Activity Guide has been posted on the Parent Resources SUMMER web page. Click here to check them out!
What's in the Summer Local Programs Guide?
- Finding a Great Summer Program: A Checklist for Parents
- Healthy Summer Meals for Kids
- Where to find summer camps!
- Local Summer Programs for Students with Disabilities
--Sensory Friendly Places & Movies
--Other Summer Programs
What's in the Summer Activity Guide?
The Summer Activity Guide contains summer information and activities for a variety of ages that are fun and free!
- Research on summer learning loss & retention
- Creating a Summer Plan
--Reinforcing IEP Goals over the Summer
--Transitioning a child with ADHD to a summer schedule
- Summer Contracts & Checklists
- Summer Learning Websites
- Virtual Field Trips
- Summer Vacation Travel Activities
- Reading Activities & Resources
--Summer Reading Calendars & Booklists
--Summer Reading Programs
- Newspaper & Vocabulary Activities
- Writing Activities
- Math Activities
- History Activities
- Astronomy Activities
- Science Activities
- Keyboarding Activities
- Outdoor Activities
- Miscellaneous Activities
Activities to Help Your Child Keep Learning During the Summer