Summer Resources Edition
Summer Local Programs & Summer Activity Guide
The 2018 Summer Local Programs & Summer Activity Guide has been posted on the Parent Resources SUMMER web page. Click here to check them out!
What's in the Summer Local Programs Guide?
The Local Summer Programs Guide contains summer program information for children of all ages with varying interests within and around the Region 20 area.
- Finding a Great Summer Program: A Checklist for Parents
- Healthy Summer Meals for Kids
- Where to find summer camps!
- Local Summer Programs for Students with Disabilities
--Sensory Friendly Places & Movies
--Other Summer Programs
What's in the Summer Activity Guide?
The Summer Activity Guide contains summer information and activities for a variety of ages that are fun and free!
- Research on summer learning loss & retention
- Creating a Summer Plan
--Reinforcing IEP Goals over the Summer
--Transitioning a child with ADHD to a summer schedule
- Summer Contracts & Checklists
- Summer Learning Websites
- Virtual Field Trips
- Summer Vacation Travel Activities
- Reading Activities & Resources
--Summer Reading Calendars & Booklists
--Summer Reading Programs
- Newspaper & Vocabulary Activities
- Writing Activities
- Math Activities
- History Activities
- Astronomy Activities
- Science Activities
- Keyboarding Activities
- Outdoor Activities
- Miscellaneous Activities
Download the Summer Activity Guide Here!
Activities to Help Your Child Keep Learning During the Summer