April 4, 2016
Oklahoma STEM Teacher Conference
Registration Open April 1, 2016, for Oklahoma STEM Teacher Conference
Registration for this Oklahoma STEM conference opens April 1, 2016, and will be available on the Rose State College website. This conference is open to all Oklahoma STEM teachers grades 5-12 and will be held July 26-28, 2016, at Rose State College. Attendees will have a selection of tours each day.
- Day One: Boeing Systems Integration Lab/energy industry tours and OERB workshops
- Day Two: Dell, Ben E. Keith and Macklanburg-Duncan tours and Ag in the Classroom workshops
- Day Three: OMRF, OK Blood Institute and OSBI/UCO Forensic Lab tours, as well as grant presentations
Accommodations will be provided at a local Midwest City hotel or Rose State College. There will be opportunities for fun, learning, professional development and networking. Each teacher will receive meals, accommodations, a $100 stipend, a $125 PITSCO gift certificate and a chance to win a $750 PITSCO grant. This conference is made available by the Oklahoma Education & Industry Partnership.
Contact Ben Robinson at (405) 812-1292 or email@example.com for more information.
AP Summer Institutes
Tulsa: 3 offerings during the summer https://utulsa.edu/academics/continuing-education/lifelong-learning/ap-summer-institute/courses/
Oklahoma STEM Teachers Grades 5-12 Experience
Oklahoma Education & Industry Partnership Presents: Oklahoma STEM Teachers Grades 5-12 Experience, 7/28-30
Location: Rose State College Agriculture & Bioscience
- OSTA/OCTM Conference- June 10
- Middle school benchmark windows: May 9-14 (no May benchmark for 8th grade)
- High school benchmark windows: May 9-14 (no May benchmark for Biology/PreAP Biology)
Updated curriculum documents
- 6th grade SOAR guide (also available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gyG7ghAs93HtjQ76XEulJ69HRiBePpsf70oMwD7pluk/edit?usp=sharing)
- 6th grade timeline (also available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gGnRqT-F924_FMd8262jIIycY28_CUVGKVjnSilxiSM/edit?usp=sharing)
- 7th grade SOAR guide (also available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iGcXrhsdJbTXJ5axhVeRy95Gb2stGyHTyk_xEFdXQe0/edit?usp=sharing)
- 7th grade timeline (also available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1riDGFqo6y05IYnHUtAtXksxeMqAvlOkFDUuy_sVPask/edit?usp=sharing)
- Middle school benchmark calendar
- Chemistry and PreAP Chemistry Scope and Sequence Guides (also available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PFmKvC4xjvS6ehLEJfsVx9eIt7n4lnfFVZBj8BcwaSc/edit?usp=sharing)
- High school benchmark calendar
- These, as well as guides for other courses under development
- Please invite me to your PLCs to continue work on these documents
And for those of you Tweeters (Twitterers?), you can connect with other EPS science teachers using the hash tag #EPSstem. I would also encourage you to use this hashtag to show off all of the cool things that are going on in your class! And don't forget to follow the official EPS science page @EPSscience while you're there.
There might be random awesome gifts given to frequent social media users. (hint, hint)