This Week at Our Lady of the Lake!
Week #11 Update
Our Lady of the Lake School is committed to the Word of God through living out the Good News of Jesus Christ. A supportive educational team of students, staff, parents, and community aims at providing a creative, Christian learning environment. An emphasis is placed on developing students’ individual abilities, promoting social awareness, and encouraging them to become responsible, contributing members of church and society.
Week #11 Update
Happy Sunday All!
As you remember from last week we are focusing on the character trait of Gratitude for the month of November. Once again we turn to our friends at Character Lab©, and professor of psychology at Northeastern University, David DeSteno, to help us understand the surprising power of gratitude:
- Why is Gratitude so important? "Gratitude is a super virtue. When you feel gratitude, you become more honest. When you feel gratitude, it makes you more generous. You give more resources to other people. It also gives you more patience and perseverance."
- What’s one thing we can do to help kids feel more grateful on their own? "You can model how to savor gratitude. Say a neighbor drops off cookies. Take 30 seconds to focus on how this little act of kindness makes you feel. Share with your kids what a difference it made to stop and fully pay attention to that feeling of gratitude. “Wow, that was just the nicest thing. It makes me feel great knowing how thoughtful our neighbor is, and how much they care about us!” Eventually, savoring moments of gratitude throughout the day becomes a habit.
As we know from Colossians 3:15 - And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful.
Let us find a way to use the peace in our hearts and channel our gratitude this week, and find some way to "Pay it Forward" to others.
Have a beautifully blessed week,
Parent Teacher Conferences - 12:10 dismissal 11/15 and 11/16!
Parent Teacher Conferences will be Tuesday, November 15, 2022 (afternoon and evening), and Wednesday, November 16, 2022 (afternoon). Both days will be single-session days with dismissal at 12:10 p.m.
Please refer to the e-blast that was sent on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 for sign up information!
Veterans Day Ceremony!
We showed Gratitude to our Veteran's who came out to OLL to share their experiences with our students! We were blessed to have with us:
Wilford Camille - Army
- Active duty October 2002 to February 2005 / Army Reserve March 2005 to December 2008. Served two combat tours of duty in Iraq: December 2003 to December 2004 and March 2008 to October 2008
Larry Dillon - Army
- 1960-1962: Mr. Dillon served in Panama. He serves our parish as a Knight of Columbus.
Mary Catherine Dillon - Army
- Graduate of United States Military Academy West Point
Kevin Foley - Marine Corps
- 2002-2006: Served combat tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan
Paul Grimes - Army
- 1965 -1967: Served in Viet Nam for nine months and the 101st Airborne Division
Michael Rivetti - Air Force
- March 2001- March 2005: Military Police - Air Force One
Parent Lunch Helpers for NOVEMBER!
Please click HERE to access our signup Genius for NOVEMBER Lunch Helpers!
Please know if you sign up for lunch helper, we need you for both recess and the lunchroom! Meaning, we need you to assist outside at recess for the first 20 minutes, and then assist in the café for the remaining time of the lunch period.
Lake Serves Christmas Caroling!
Grade 8 Poinsettia and Wreath Fundraiser!
It’s that time of year again when we ask you to kindly support the 8th grade graduating students as you decorate your home for the season. Please return this completed form along with your payment in an envelope labeled “Poinsettia Sale”. Payments can be made via Venmo to @Nicole-Sousa19, or check made out to cash, or cash labeled in an envelope. If paying by Venmo please indicate on the bottom of this form. Orders must be received by November 28th. Delivery is expected the week of December 12th.
Please click HERE to access the order form!