Bayyari Elementary School Newsletter, Springdale, AR
2020-2021, Issue 20, January 23, 2021
We have had a busy month so far with learning and assessments. We still have a few MAP tests to make up this week and then we move right into ELPA21 testing. If your child takes the ELPA21 you should receive a note with more important information. Check your child's folder/backpack this week.
Remember this year our Valentine's Day parties will be a little different due to Covid19. We will still have fun and food for all of our students, but this year it will ALL be provided by the school. Please do not send cards, food or treat bags this year.
Thank you for all you do and as always we welcome your feedback. We may have had to limit visitors in the building but we are only a phone call away.
If you need anything please contact us at 479-750-8760 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domino's Pizza Fundraiser
Thank you for all your hard work and support to raise money for our school!
The Great Kindness Challenge Week
Counselor's Corner - Mrs. McGinnis
Ways to Help Your Child Succeed During Elementary School
Elementary school is the start to great beginnings. It is important that your student builds strong foundations for the future during this time. You can actually help your child become more successful during their school age years. I read an article at https://kidshealth.org titled “10 Ways to Help Your Child Succeed in Elementary School”. This article gave 10 great tips for parents to help them support their children’s needs during such crucial years of school. The article gives these helpful hints:
1. Make sure you attend your child’s back to school nights and parent teacher conferences.
2. Visit the school website and the school when you are able.
3. Be supportive of work that is being sent home.
4. Your child should be sent to school prepared and ready to learn.
5. Help your child learn skills that will help keep them organized.
6. Support and encourage good study habits.
7. Teach your child to be respectful of school rules and expectations.
8. Be involved at your students’ school.
9. Make sure your student is attending school regularly.
10. Listen to your child. Ask them about their day.
I feel like these are good suggestions for any age student that you may have. Enjoy your time with your child! They grow up way too fast!
Health and Wellness
Please remember to fill out the COVID form at go.sdale.org/covid if your child has been exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID or if they are positive for COVID. Also, please let Nurse Alicia or the office know.
ELPA21 Testing Information
If your child is an English Language Learner and on a blended schedule they will be required to be face to face everyday for ELPA21 testing. Please mark your calendars and plan accordingly for these dates.
February 4th & 5th - ELPA21 Testing 3-5
February 8th & 9th - ELPA21 Testing 1-2
February 10th & 11th - ELPA21 Testing Kindergarten
- March 1st and 2nd Virtual Student Led Conferences
- March 22nd -26th Spring Break