September 2016 Newsletter
REFLECTIONS FROM YOUR PTSA
A LOOK BACK:
- We hope everyone had a wonderful summer and has been enjoying the first weeks of school. Our administrators have said that the transition has been going smoothly on all grade levels and we hope the same is true at home.
- We are excited to have our new PTSA officers this school year. For a complete listing of names, positions and contact info, click here.
- We are working on creating a strong digital presence this year using online membership enrollment, eNewsletters, Sign-Up Genius, Twitter and Facebook. Follow us @CanandaiguaPTSA and please share our information with your friends!
- We are really looking forward to a school year filled with many fantastic events, fundraisers and community outreach.
Click here for simple, quick, convenient enrollment...and you can pay with a credit card!
Complete the form and return with your cash/check payment ($5 per member) to your child(ren)'s teacher or drop into a PTSA mailbox in any building.
We are in need of volunteers for various, ongoing services we provide to the schools.
- Laminating Projects- you make your own hours at the school. Training will be provided!
- Regular Copying- Come to help an hour or so a week doing copying for staff
- Clothing Closet Helper- Help out in the PTSA room to organize donated clothing/shoes
There are many other ways to help, and new ideas and faces are always welcome! Send an email to canandaiguaPTSA@gmail.com if you are interested in hearing more.
Save Around Rochester Coupon Books
Principal Interview Volunteers needed
Friday, Oct. 28th, 6:30-8pm
96 West Gibson Street
We have joined Amazon Smile charity donation program. If you shop online at Amazon, please use our Amazon Smile link above and all your eligible shopping will earn dollar donations from Amazon for our PTSA. Thanks for your support!
Excuse Pad Order Form
Print your order form here and send to school with payment. Thank you for supporting the PTSA.
Next PTSA Meeting
Tuesday, Oct. 4th, 10-11am
90 West Gibson Street
Meeting in PTSA room 464Attending a meeting is a great way to hear what's going on in our schools directly from administrators, PTSA officers and other community members. Please note: meetings are informal and you are welcome to bring your young children!
SCHOOL & COMMUNITY NEWS
CA Volleyball Booster Pancake Breakfast
Saturday, Sep. 24th, 8-10am
3140 County Road 10
Lacrosse Hall of Fame Clinic
Saturday, Sep. 24th, 8-9am
215 Granger Street
Annalise's Friends Annual 5K Run/Walk
Saturday, Sep. 24th, 8:30am
191 Buffalo Street
7:30am Registration opens
8:30am Kids Fun Run
8:55am Balloon Release in memory of Annalise
9:00am 5K run begins
9:05am 1.5 mile walk starts
Post-race prizes and refreshments
To register online, visit run signup.com, keyword "Annalise"
Kindergarten Connection- Class of 2017
One of the goals for the Class of 2017 is to connect with the littlest Braves. We have partnered with the class of 2029 and we are excited to meet them! The Senior class of 2017 in conjunction with a Kindergarten parent worked together and designed a shirt for each of the kindergartners. Click here for complete information and an order form.
Community Reading Partnership
Help spread literacy in our community! A Volunteer Bookshelf Supervisor is needed by the Community Reading Partnership to oversee “Guardian” volunteers who stock 15 to 20 active Little Red Bookshelves in the Canandaigua area with free books.
This person should be reasonably familiar with children’s books and able to oversee the processing of books donated at locations in Canandaigua schools. The Bookshelf Supervisor sits on the Community Reading Partnership Board which meets monthly at the library.
To express interest, contact CRP President Mary Ferris, c/o Wood Library, 134 North Main St. Canandaigua, NY 14424 or email CRP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Book Fest
Saturday, Oct. 1st, 10am-3pm
3325 Marvin Sands Drive
National Walk to School Day
Wednesday, Oct. 5th, 7am
Rain date is 10/6/16.
The Canandaigua Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA) believes in making every child's potential a reality by being the premier organization for parent involvement and advocacy. Canandaigua PTSA is a powerful voice for all children, a significant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
The PTSA provides critical financial support for various school activities and resource or equipment needs. It strongly supports the community-wide Character Education, Health & Wellness, and Family Involvement initiatives of our school district.