May 4, 2016
In this edition, you will find:
- PALS Data upload
- End of Year READ Plan Reminders
- Summer Learning Opportunities
- Changes to READ Law for Next Year
- Tableau Reading Level Reports Now Available
- Important Links to Resources for Teaching Partners and Teachers
PALS Data Upload
Please contact Lori Stack with specific questions related to this data transfer process and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the issues.
Reminder: Finalize All READ Plans
Plans are not active until they are finalized. Progress monitoring data should be entered to document growth from now until the end of the year.
Summer 2016 Leveled Literacy Intervention Institute
Please view the flyers for more information and register in Avatar as soon as possible--space is limited. We strongly recommend this institute for any interventionist using LLI next year who has not received this formal training.
Summer READing Foundations Course
The READing Foundations Academy will provide K – 3 teachers an opportunity to expand their knowledge of foundational reading skills to support their students in developing and advancing their reading ability. APS is hosting a summer course June 20-23 (3.5 days)
When: June 20-23 8:00-3:30 am (1/2 day on June 23rd)
Where: Wheeling Elementary
AVATAR Code: 4638.6106
Relicensure credit (free) or option to receive 1.5 credits from Adams State University (Cost is $82.50)
Please see the flyer for more specifics on the course.
Email Shelli Deaguero or Jennifer McCammon with questions
READ Act Law Updates for 2016-17
- The interim screener must now be administered within 30 calendar days, not instructional days, after the first day of the school year. Also, if a student falls below the cut score one time, the teacher should complete diagnostic testing within the next window of time (TBD) and a READ Plan will be initiated.
- The screener must be administered during the fall testing window AND again during the Spring testing window to ALL STUDENTS. We will be required to report this data to CDE as part of their READ Data Collection.
- Kindergarten will have between 60-90 days to administer the screener. We will provide a recommended timeline soon.
- READ Plans will be created sooner in the school year for all students and will be the active intervention plan for the student for that school year.
- We will provide updated timelines, flowcharts, and other resources to support this implementation soon. The READ Team will update the Key Assessment Chart and share with schools once it is approved by district leadership.
Please let us know what questions you have.
New Reading Data Reports are now Available!
Tableau now contains a dashboard, Summary of Literacy Assessments, which includes an overview of student performance on BAS assessments this year. It contains much of the information many of you have requested in report form and can be filtered by grade and classroom teacher. Help sheets and training videos for using Tableau and this dashboard can be found at assessment.aurorak12.org/tableau/
- Elementary Literacy
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Accountability & Research
- Exceptional Student Services
- English Language Acquisition
For support, please contact: