Clear Lake Intermediate
Ice, Ice Baby
We hope you will have time to take a look in Skyward to check their grades. Maybe, since it will be too cold to play outside, they can catch up on any missing assignments they might have. In addition to grades, we have course selection coming up. In this edition of the Eagle Extra, there are lots of links for you to help your children choose what courses they want to take next year.
Since those two things on your winter storm to do list won't take too much time, please also do something fun. Watch some movies with your kids, play games, work a puzzle, or just listen to their stories. They have some pretty entertaining ones. Please stay warm, stay safe, and come back next week ready to get back at it.
School Closure Next Week
2021-2022 Course Selection Information
All course request for the 2021-2022 school year must be entered by February 23rd. Please take a moment over the next several days to speak with your student about the courses they would like to take next year. Please choose classes carefully as you plan for the upcoming school year. All request should be entered into the students account on Skyward along with alternate elective courses. Clear Connections students that need a printed copy of the course selection material should email their counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) to make arrangements to pick up the materials. You can access digital copies of all materials, applications, instructions on the Clear Lake Intermediate Counselor Corner Page.
Does your child want to be a teacher's aide, library aide, or office aide? The application is HERE.
If your 7th or 8th grader is requesting Boys Athletics please complete this form. If a listed sport says tryout required, you must partipate in the tryout process in order to be considered. Those students chosen for athletics will remain in the class for the entire year. Grades, attendance, and discipline from 6th and 7th grade will taken into consideration for participation in the athletics class.
Clear Brook HS Course Selection Information, Click Here.
Clear Lake HS Course Selection Information, Click Here.
Clear View HS Information, Click Here.
Teacher of the Week
Save the Date!
PTA Meeting and Clear Lake and Clear Brook Presentations
"What I Wish I Knew Before High School
CLIS General PTA Meeting: Thursday, February 18th at 6:30pm followed by a presentation from Clear Lake and Clear Brook HS at 7pm
Clear Brook and Clear Lake HS will be providing an 8th grade Parent/Student presentation at 7pm. (Zoom or Microsoft Teams links to come later).
· All students and parents of CLIS are welcome to attend!
- HS students, principals and counselors will present to answer your questions.
The student panel typically discusses topics such as:
-What I wish I knew before coming to 9th grade at CBHS
-Course selection questions
-Programs and Extracurricular questions
-Daily routine questions: dress code, tardies, daily schedule, what lunch is like, their advice for the kids, etc.
Texas PTA requires us to register for general meetings. Please register for the meeting using this link: https://forms.gle/nR7moM4ZDxSo79pZ8
A zoom link will be sent to those who register.
(You do not have to be a member to attend the PTA meeting but you do need to be a member to vote on any PTA business).
Is Your Child on Quarantine? Here are the Guidelines...
We realize that being quarantined is not an ideal situation. As you transition temporarily from school to home learning, we have prepared a guide to help you in making the transition as smooth as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your teachers, counselors or assistant principal with any questions or concerns.
Here are a few steps that you can follow to keep up with your schoolwork:
Establish communication with your teachers
· Email all your teachers to inform them that you have been quarantined.
· Email any coaches, club sponsors, or extra-curricular teachers to let them know you will not be attending any of these activities.
Plan your day
· Try to follow your regular schedule and accomplish the work within your class period.
· Brick and mortar teachers will be posting lessons on Itslearning for you to accomplish. Students should follow the teacher’s directive after making initial contact on how to access lessons and assignments.
· If one of your courses is hybrid (students both in person and online), you can use the TEAMS link to log in for real time instruction. It is important that you attend these classes during your assigned time period. Teachers’ TEAMS links can be found in their Itslearning course or you can email and request the link.
Attendance and work
· Complete your assignments on time and submit them as directed by the teacher. The completion of the work on time will allow us to give you credit for that work.
· If there is no official work to be submitted, you will be marked absent unless you contact the teacher on that date.
A few important notes:
If you are experiencing technology concerns, please notify your teacher. The district technology help line is also a valuable resource and can be reached at: TechHelpDesk@ccisd.net.
RETURNING TO SCHOOL:
You will not be able to return to campus before the date given to you on the official CCISD email. Even if you have a negative COVID test, you cannot return to CLIS out of quarantine until you have been officially cleared by the district. If you develop any COVID symptoms, please notify our campus nurse immediately at Hjaeger@ccisd.net.
Returning to Brick and Mortar or Switching to Clear Connections?
The window to switch your method of instruction opens on Monday, February 8th. Please use the form below to sign up for a change to Clear Connections or back to Brick and Mortar for the last nine weeks of the year. THE DEADLINE TO REQUEST A CHANGE IS FEBRUARY 21st
Message from the Nurse
Hello Eagle Families,
As COVID continues to spread in our community, it is imperative that we remain diligent in our COVID prevention measures. Please remember to complete the CCISD Self-Health Screener with your child before school each morning. If your child cannot pass the screener, please keep your child home, and notify the school nurse by filling out the Self-Health Assessment found on the home page in Skyward Family Access.
If your child was in close contact (less than 6 feet for more than 15 min) with someone who is COVID positive, or under investigation for COVID, please keep them, and all other students, home and notify the school nurse.
If you, your child, or anyone in your home has a fever greater than 100 degrees, is under investigation for COVID, is exhibiting any COVID-like symptoms, or is being tested for COVID, you must keep ALL of your children home from school. All students need to remain home until the family member’s COVID test results come back (or a return to school/work note has been written by the doctor), the school nurse has been notified, and you have been given clearance by a district nurse for your child to return to school.
If your child becomes ill while at school, you will be notified and asked to come pick them up. The nurse will call you within 24 hours to follow up with you on your child’s condition. All other students in the home need to remain at home during this time as well.
If your child had fever of 100 or above or the nurse confirms that your child has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 they must be excluded from school until….
· Your child’s medical provider has determined a different illness other than COVID-19, AND has provided a return to school clearance, AND you have been cleared by the school nurse to return to school.
· Your child has a negative PCR COVID-19 test, AND documentation has been provided to the school nurse, AND you have been cleared by the school nurse to return to school.
· 10 days after symptoms first appeared, AND no fever for at least 24 hours without using fever reducing medications, AND symptoms have improved AND you have been cleared by the school nurse to return to school.
Following these guidelines are essential as we all work hard to keep everyone healthy at school during this pandemic. We know these extra steps can be inconvenient. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we are all having to do things differently this year as we navigate through COVID-19.
Eagle Nation Virtual Announcements Air Each Friday!
Track practice starts next Friday at 4:20. Athletes need to have their profile completed in Rank 1 to be able to practice. If they have a completed sports physical email it to coach Toalson so he can upload it. This is not required if they have already participated in sports at our school this year.
Retrieving Books from 2019-2020 School Year
Do you still have a library book from last year? Now’s the time to put those scavenger hunting skills to the test. Look under your bed, in your closet, between couch cushions, under the refrigerator, wherever you think that sneaky book could be hidden. Remember right now there’s no late fees, we just want the book to come back to its home here at CLI! You can return it into the library or your ELA teacher.
Clear Connections Library Services
The library will still be offering services to students however it will now be by appointment only. If your student has a book they need to return simply drop it off at the front office during school hours. If your student would like to checkout a book they will continue to use the same process of requesting a book online however now they need to contact Mrs. Simms, the librarian to set-up a day or time during school hours to pick up the book. Thank you and happy reading. firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready to make a positive impact in the lives our of Eagle students? We need YOU! We are looking for dedicated people to help support our students, teachers and school by applying to be a Clear Creek ISD substitute teacher. Our substitutes enjoy working with students and the ability to have a flexible schedule each week. Join our Clear Lake Intermediate team today by becoming a substitute teacher. Apply online today at www.ccisd.net/jobs.
Need to Apply for School Meal Benefits?
Track and Tennis Schedules Released
Absent? Need to turn in an excuse?
Technology Skills Checklist
Are you still struggling with online learning? Here are some resources to help you and your child.
· CCISD Parent Resources: https://ccisd.net/departments/technology_support/Parent%20Resources
· CCISD Student Resources: https://ccisd.net/cms/One.aspx?portalId=645487&pageId=26405607
Login to the CCISD SSO Portal
The SSO portal makes logging in to other applications more seamless. The portal has links to all the main web tools you will need (Skyward, itsLearning, textbooks, etc.).
* You should use the same username and password that you used to login to your laptop.
Finding your classes in itsLearning**
Once you login to the SSO portal, you can click on the itsLearning app, and you do not need to login to ItsLearning separately.
* This is a generic overview of itsLearning basics and is not CCISD-specific. See the CCISD Student Resources page above for more info.
Checking your grades and class schedule in Skyward**
How to find applications on your computer (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and pin them to your taskbar or to your start menu
Try pinning Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to your taskbar or to your start menu for easy access.
· Parents: Here is a good video about all the features of Skyward: https://rb.gy/ifoldt
Parent/ Student Tech Support
The CCISD Technology Remote Support Line is now operating and is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Parents and students can call 281.284.0500 for assistance.
Parent Drop Off and Pick Up
Upcoming Eagle Events
· February 17 - Boys Basketball vs Brookside Int - B teams start at 5:00pm; A team games will start after gym is sanitized. 7th Grade at Clear Lake Int; 8th Grade at Brookside Int
· February 18 – Progress reports available in Skyward Family Access for 2nd progress report for 3rd nine-weeks (PR6)
· February 23 – Boys Golf at Timber Creek – 4:30pm
· February 24 – Girls Golf at Timber Creek – 4:30pm
· February 24 – Boys Track meet at Clear Lake High School; Girls Track meet at Clear Creek High School – 4:45pm
· March 1 – Boys Tennis at Clear Lake Intermediate – 4:30pm
· March 2 – Girls Tennis at Clear Lake Intermediate – 4:30pm
· March 2 – Boys Golf at South Shore – 4:30
· March 3 – Boys Track meet at Challenger Columbia Stadium; Girls Track meet at Clear Lake High School – 4:45pm
· March 4 – Girls Golf at South Shore – 4:30pm
· March 8 – 3rd Nine-weeks tests – Language Arts, Band, Choir Orchestra – Regular bell schedule
· March 8 – Boys Tennis at Victory Lakes – 4:30pm
· March 9 - 3rd Nine-weeks tests – Science, Wood shop/Welding, Spanish, Theater Arts, LDC – Regular bell schedule
· March 9 – Girls Tennis at Victory Lakes – 4:30pm
· March 9 – Boys Golf at Magnolia Creek – 4:30pm
· March 10 – Department meetings
· March 10 - 3rd Nine-weeks tests – Math, Health Fitness, Nutrition & Wellness, Culinary Arts – Regular Bell Schedule
· March 10 – Boys Track meet at Clear Lake High School; Girls Track meet at Clear Brook High School – 4:45pm
· March 11 - 3rd Nine-weeks tests – Social Studies, Audio/Visual Productions, Art, College & Career Readiness, Journalism, Leadworthy – Regular Bell Schedule
· March 11 – Girls Golf at Magnolia Creek – 4:30pm
· March 12 - Early Release day for Elementary and Intermediate Students – PD afternoon for Staff
· March 13 – 21 – Spring Break