Team Meadow Update
April 7, 2019
Team Meadow -
I truly hope that this past week was restful and rejuvenating for all of you as we draw near the last handful of weeks of the 2018-2019 school year. There is no doubt that this next month and a half will be brimming with exciting experiences and expectations. Thank you in advance for providing rich learning opportunities for these wonderful little people in our presence.
Observations - Lauren and I are in process of wrapping up many spring observations. I'll be visiting classrooms frequently over the next couple of weeks to capture snapshots of the amazing opportunities you create for your students each day.
No Staff Meeting this week- Please remember to block your calendars for our next staff meeting scheduled on April 22nd (2:40-4:30). We will be viewing the Reject documentary together at that time. (Additional information is located below.)
PTO Meeting this Wednesday evening - 6:00 PM in cafe.
Clowes Hall/Butler Field Trips - Kindy (Tuesday) & 2nd grade (Friday)
ZWest Music Visit - On Thursday, ZWMS music teachers will be visiting 4th grade students from 8:15-10:15. Please be aware that they will be meeting with students in the Cafe, Family Room, and Lisa Wagner's room (211).
Twin Day - this Friday!
Lastly, I'm including a couple of articles from Dr. Lori Desautels as a reminder/refresher to SEL priorities. Please take 5 minutes to read them sometime this week.
Welcome back, y'all!
April Staff Meeting - 4/22
- In lieu of 2 April staff meetings, we will hold one extended staff meeting on April 22nd.
- In order to ensure opportunity to dialogue about content, please plan for the staff meeting to conclude at approximately 4:30 on Monday, 4/22.
- Dr. Robison is tentatively planning to attend to assist with moderating the viewing of the documentary.
- Staff members in attendance will be allowed to leave early one day during the week of April 22nd.
- Click on the "REJECT" image or the link below to view the trailer.
Thank you for your flexibility to make this learning opportunity a possibility.
Calendar Items & Information
9th - Kindergarten Field Trip to Butler/Clowes Hall
10th - PTO Mtg
11th - 2nd Grade Field Trip to Butler/Clowes Hall
12th - Spirit Day - Twin Day
15th - NWEA testing begins
17th - 3rd grade music performance @ 6:30 PM
22nd - Staff Meeting - REJECT documentary
23rd - ILEARN testing window opens (3rd/4th gr)
24th - Spirit Day - Who's Your Hero Day; Dine for Dollars @ McAlisters Deli 5-8 PM
Personal Business Leave Requests
For Certified Team Members:To requests "personal business days," please complete the following process.
- Go to the following link, and complete the "personal business request" form. https://goo.gl/forms/CycfilABEUyILbh83
- Once the form is completed, please send a brief email to me (Tom) that includes the date(s) of your request(s).
- Enter your upcoming absence in AESOP as soon as possible. (It can always be deleted later should plans change.)