Cowboy Proud Cowboy Strong
Week of April 7-11
Our Week at a Glance
April 7-11: 3rd & 4th grade AIMS Web Progress Monitor
April 8: Rigorous Problem Solving with 2nd & 3rd grade teachers during planning time
April 8 @ 6:30 pm: KHS feeder pattern choir concert
April 9: Kindergarten Graduation pictures
April 9: Spring Creek BBQ Spirit Night
April 9 - 11: Dr. Bray attends TLA Conference
April 10: PLC
April 10: PTA meeting @ 6:00
April 10-11: Nurse Rhonda will be out/Sub has been scheduled
Please be sure and add to your Grade Level newsletters
Weekly Math Message
Information about Casey's Kids Fun Run (see below)
Kindergarten Round Up is April 7-11- PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT via FB, Twitter, etc...
Kindergarten Graduation Pictures are April 9
Spring Creek BBQ Spirit Night is April 9th
PTA Meeting is April 10th
GT Nomination deadline
If you are interested in having a student screened for the GT program, the spring testing window is April 28th through May 9th. The deadline for the referral paperwork is April 14th. Please see Toni or Gayle for more information.
Need a Laugh? This guy is his own enemy! :)
Kindergarten and 1st grade Teachers
The conduct and study skills competencies are no longer active. They have to remain visible through the end of the year because of the data that was put into them through the first semester. Next year, they will not exist.
In order to enter citizenship, which is a combination of conduct and study skills, you have to go to the report card screen. This is something you have not had to do previously.
Please do not forget to turn in your tutoring documentation forms. If you are tutoring students in the morning or afternoon, please use the official KHES Tutoring Documentation Form as your sign in sheet. Forms are due at the end of each month. Forms are located on the KHES Collaboration site. Just click on the title above.
Top 10 Reasons to Use Technology in Education
Precision One-Touch color Poster Printer
It is that time of year again – the time to put together ourrosters for the HAW Employee Softball Tourney!! The dates are Friday, May 9, with the rain out date on Friday, May 16. We will be at the Central High School Softball fields and the times will be from 5pm – 9pm with the first game starting at 6:00, the second at 7:00, and the championship game at 8:00! If you're interested in playing, just let me or Jenni know.
Professional Development Catalog
You are encouraged to take as many updates as you can over the summer. The Summer Professional Development Catalog is now availabe for you. Updates/trainings required: 6 hour GT, Sheltered Instruction, and HAZCOM, PDAS Refresher. Go to the following link to view what is available to you.
Healthy Texas Week
Healthy Texas Week is April 7-13, 2014. Join in to celebrate health, while demonstrating to all of Texas that we are committed to making healthy the norm in our state. All schools are invited to join. You can visit the Healthy Texas Week website to commit to take action.
Casey's Kids Fun Run Facts
- This race will be a true 5K. There will be Chip Time for the more competitive runners. Runners start at 7:30 & Walkers begin at 7:50
- There will be a "Munchkin Mile" run for our youngest up and coming runners
- Shuttle service from Bear Creek Intermediate School
- Funds are distributed through our campus counselors as they become aware of needs.
- A majority of the time, the families in need do NOT ask for help. Most often, contact is initiated by one of our counselors.
- This program doesn't just serve our economically disadvantaged families. Some of our KISD families suffer from life changing events (divorce, death of a spouse, house fire, etc.) and need a hand from time to time.
- This program is a one-time helping hand for students in need in KISD. ALL funds brought in are kept LOCALLY and serve only our Keller ISD families!
- Please invite our families to join on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CaseysKids5KFunRun
Thank you Team Leaders!
Where are Kristen and Kathleen this week?
Kristen is scheduled to attend an HR meeting on Tuesday at 2:00.
Kristen will attend a Tribal Principal meeting on Wed. from 8-11 and an ARD at the ELC at 2:00
Kathleen will be out Thursday from 11:30 on.
Kristen will attend a Diag/Principal meeting on Friday at 8:00 and will be out from 11:30 on.