Peek at the Week
Week of October 16-October 20
Weekly Message and Important Dates
Good Evening Seawell Families. This is Principal Arrica DuBose with your weekly message for October 16 through October 20.
- Please join us for our monthly PTA Meeting this Wednesday, October 18 at 8:00 am.
- Thursday, October 19 is our Delayed Opening for students. School starts 2 hours late. We will also have our 4th Grade sponsored Teacher Appreciation Meal.
- Donuts with DuBose will be Wednesday, November 8 from 7:30-8:15.
- For safety and security please ensure students are not dropped off to school before 7:25am. Staff will be on duty and ready to greet our students at 7:25 daily.
- This coming week is Safe Schools Week. This is a nationally recognized event that gives educators an opportunity to focus on different ways to be safe. School safety includes keeping schools free of crime and violence, improving discipline, and increasing student attendance. Each day this week Seawell will participate in different activities that highlight a specific safety area. To kick off this week-long event, Monday will be Peaceful Schools Day. Staff and students are asked to wear orange to bring awareness to National Bullying Month. Please make sure to talk with your child about what he or she learned each day. On Thursday, Oct. 19th we will have our first practice lockdown drill of the year. We will have three more of these types of drills this year, some of which will be unannounced. All of these events are posted below and on our website. If you have any questions about the events this week please contact administration or our Safe Schools Safety Coordinator Nurse Eileen Stough. https://docs.google.com/document/d/15-SNWy6XMFR1xs3_crpKw6GpCVzSipCjlo0Sb3qpuUI/edit?usp=sharing
Parents, thank you for your continued support of our school. We look forward to a fabulous week!
October 27: NC Symphony field trip
November 1-8: Fall Book Fair
November 2: SIT Meeting
November 3: FORT Meeting
November 5: Big Fall Play Day
November 7: No School
November 8: PTA Meeting and Donuts with DuBose
November 10: No School
November 22-24: No School