October 23, 2019
Notes from Mrs. Klueppel...
Please note the following items for your attention:
- Sign-Up for Parent Teacher conferences closes 11/22. See details below.
- Students are NOT to wear costumes to school on Halloween. Students can wear costumes to Fall Fest on Oct. 25. See additional details about Fall Fest below.
- Late picture orders can be completed online at www.ordercp.com
SIP Days: Dismissal is at 11:40 AM:
Veterans Day 2019
Kindergarten-4th Grade Families:
On Monday, November 11th, Bell Graham Elementary School will honor our local Veterans for Veterans Day 2019. This is an invitation to Veterans who are family members or friends of our students. We also welcome any Bell Graham graduates who have or are currently serving our country! Our celebration includes the posting of colors, Pledge of Allegiance, patriotic songs, and poems. This celebration not only honors those who have served, but helps our students to understand the impact Veterans have on our lives and our freedom.
In order to make this event a success, we would like to have the names of Veterans who will attend our celebration. A Veteran is any type of military personnel who has or is currently serving our country in any branch of the Armed Forces. Please fill out and return the bottom portion of this invitation if you have a Veteran who will be attending our 11/11/19 celebration.
We have two at home activities we are asking families to participate in with us.
- Families who have a Veteran who has served in the military are asked to complete the “Bell-Graham Veteran” sheet. Please attach a photograph or draw a picture of the relative and send these filled out pages to school with your child by November 4. These will be displayed in our lobby for all to see.
- We ask that all families complete the “Thank You for the Freedom” sheet. Together, talk with your child to think of one freedom that they are glad to have because of the dedication and sacrifice of our military.
5th Grade Families:
We are excited to announce Bell-Graham's new Little Free Library located in front of the building near the flagpole. The purpose of the Little Free Library is to "Take a Book, Share a Book." This was purchased by our generous PTO. Please stop by when you have a chance to check it out and grab a book or donate one!
Sign-Up for Conferences
The parent sign-up window for Pick-A-Time Conferences closes at 11:59 PM on 11/22.
Parent Teacher conferences have been arranged for Nov 25 & 26. Classroom teachers have arranged their schedules to accommodate families with morning and evening conferences. As students have the week off from school, many families utilize this time to travel and gather with their loved ones for the Thanksgiving holiday. Again this year, we are asking those unable to meet in person to schedule a 20 min phone conference on either November 25 or 26. Please utilize the online conference scheduler Pick-a-Time to set your conference and follow up with your child’s teacher to confirm that your conference will be conducted via phone. If neither option works, classroom teachers will arrange a separate phone conference when able during their work day.
Click here for directions on how to use Pick-A-Time.
- Parents are able to sign-up for conferences with classroom teachers, as well as with Mr. Mac, via Pick-A-Time. If you want make an appointment with a traveling teacher or specialist, please email them directly to arrange a conference.
- If you child has Mrs. Ploszek as a teacher, please follow the specific sign-up details in the email she sent you.
- Spirit Week is Oct. 28-Nov. 1 See details below in the PTO section
- We are collecting socks the week of Oct. 28-Nov. 1
- Candy/Cards/Letters for Troops will be collected Nov. 1 - Nov. 5th.
From the Nurse...
Report all absences to your child's school. Please provide what your child's symptoms are most importantly if they have Fever, Cough and or Sore throat.
Keep a child home from school when:
• Your child has had a fever of 100 degrees F or more within the past 24 hours
• Your child has had vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours
• Your child has an unexplained rash, sore or pink eyes with a discharge
• Your child has a persistent, productive cough
** Your child should be fever free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school
** If a bacterial infection has been diagnosed, your child MUST have 24 hours of antibiotics before returning to school
** If your child has not fully recovered or remained home for the recommended length of time, parents may be contacted and asked to take the child home.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Oct 28 K,1,2: Wear Orange, 3,4,5 Wear Black
Oct 29 Crazy Sock Day
Oct 30 Crazy Day (Mismatched clothes, hair, etc.)
Oct 31 Halloween Themed Clothing
Nov 1 PJ Day!
Nov 15 Movie Night
Nov 19 PTO Meeting, 6:30pm, LRC
FALL FEST CANNOT HAPPEN WITHOUT MORE PARENT HELP!
Our PTO's biggest fundraiser is this Friday, October 25, from 6 to 8 pm. See the Fall Fest Flyer Please, Sign-up here to do your part ! And to donate liters of pop & peanut free baked goods. We will be outside of BG every day this week, before & after school, collecting donated cake walk & pop items, etc!
We are still in major need of help for set-up right after school on Friday, clean-up/game breakdown after the event, & running games! Any help is appreciated! Teenagers needing volunteer hours are welcome. Games can be manned w/your kids also! Our sign-up genius will close down on Weds evening. We will still accept volunteers for set-up & clean-up at any time! After Weds, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to help with ticket/food sales & games.
Skip the long lines at the door and pre-buy your family’s entry on Community Pass. Cost is $25 per family, which includes 20 tickets for kids to use for games and crafts. Pick-up tickets right before and after school all this week!
**Remember, children need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian and cannot attend Fall Fest un-attended. This is NOT a drop off event. Kids attend IN COSTUME! No fake weapons or overly scary costumes please.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available! Contact Candace Kloss for more information: email@example.com
We want to thank the following sponsors of Fall Fest this year:
- Dreamworks Graphic Communications, https://www.dreamworks-gc.com
- Joann Coghill and Jenna Coghill Smulski Keller Williams Premiere Properties: joanncoghill.com
- Cathy Mollsen's "Oh Hello Photos" phone: 630-346-9010: http://ohhellophotos.com
- Tsiftilis Family Business
- Nudera Orthodontics, https://www.nuderaorthodontics.com
- Mark Sychowski State Farm Insurance: www.InsuranceElburn.com
- Wasco Nursery
COMMITTEE CHAIR OPENING:
Have you been wanting to help out the PTO, but do not know where to start? We still have a few open chair positions in need of parents to jump in and help out!
Every Spring, the St. Charles Greater Education Foundation asks every PTO in District 303 to create an auction basket for their fundraising gala in April. Just pick a fun theme & use our budget to create a basket to help raise money for scholarships that will go to local kids.
Please contact Kim Nudera, if you are interested in more information on how you can do your part this year! firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-399-3374
The first Movie Night of the year will be on Friday November 15th. Movie selections will be at Fall Fest. Vote for your favorite via penny wars! Bring your spare change to Fall Fest, and make your vote count. Movie night is free. Popcorn and water will be provided!
Please click here to sign up
BIG HEARTS OF FOX VALLEY:
The PTO is proud to announce that we will be helping support the Big Hearts of Fox Valley this holiday season.
The sign-up sheet for the 2019 Big Hearts of Fox Valley Gift Wrapping Event is now OPEN!!! Please join us for our 5th annual Christmas gift wrapping party for children in D303. It's a way for the community to come together to wrap the donated gifts and to celebrate the magic of Christmas together.
There will be plenty of FREE food, FREE drinks and jolly music for the entire family. This is a FREE event, just bring your willingness to help others. We recommend signing up soon because this event fills up fast. If you want to bring your own wrapping paper, you can but isn’t required.
If you want to join us to help wrap, you MUST sign up to reserve your spot. But don't delay, this event fills up fast. Wrist bands will be required for everyone entering the gift wrapping area.
Here's how to sign up...
1. Click on this link to go to our invitation page:
2. Enter your email: (You will NOT need to register an account)
3. Choose your time slot to wrap. Wrapping is in 45 minute increments.
Please note that the date for Bingo Night has been changed to Thursday January 23rd
Our next PTO Meeting will be on Thursday November 19th IN THE EVENING! 6:30pm in the LRC. There is a great aganeda planned...We will be going on a Sensory Path “Field Trip” with Andrea Vantine, OT as well as a Playground Committee Update with STC Park District insight. Please bring any questions you may have for the PTO! Please see the minutes from the October meeting here.
Absences should be called in before 8:40 AM if your child will be absent for any portion of the day. The number is 331-228-2100 and has voicemail. You can call during the evening or overnight and leave a message. Please leave your child’s name, their teachers name and the reason why your child is out. If they are ill, please indicate their symptoms (headache, vomiting, etc.).