Model Catapult Project
by: Maddie Mizelle, Clar Barron, Jackie Moran, Adolfo
Materials, Process, and Final Catapult
Problems that we thought we would face and what we actually faced.
what we thought: we orginally thought it would be much easier then what we eventually found out. we didnt think about a lot of things while designing it. we thought that our rubber bands might of snapped or that the arm of the catapult might go so fast from the snapping of the rubber band that it would have shot the ping pong ball straight down towards the floor.
what actually happened: as we went through the process of making it, we started to figure out little tricks so that what we expected to go wrong, didnt. we added two rubberbands and didnt make them insanly tight to prevent them from snapping. we also thought of putting a stick in front of the arm so that it could only go so far towards the ground to where the ping pong ball only has one way to go: up. (you can see the arm and doubled rubber bands in the top pictures)