Rising Star OST
A New Year Of Exciting Fun
The new year in JCPRD's OST rings in with dreams, resolutions, hats, popcorn, penguins, kazoos, and puzzles. Oh what a month this will be to start this new new year.
Friday, January 15th is an All Day OST. Staying on site. Please have your child(ren) bring a sack lunch, water bottle, and a reading book or other quiet activity for down time.
Monday, January 18th JCPRD CLOSED in observation of MLK Jr. day.
Friday, January 29th is an All Day OST. Staying on site. Please have your child(ren) bring a sack lunch, water bottle, and a reading book or other quiet activity for down time.
If your child(ren) will not be attending JCPRD OST please call, 913.438.9650, by 3p, or email email@example.com by 2p.
Please keep in mind that we open at 7am and close at 6pm. Late fees apply after 6p, a $1 per minute and will be strictly enforced.
Tax Man Cometh
2015 Child Care Tax Statements.
Our JCPRD Registration Office will be e-mailing your 2015 child care expense report to you the week of January 4-8, 2016. Please check your inbox this week for that information as well as your SPAM folder in case it gets stuck there. For claiming Child and Dependent Care Tax Credits,
the Johnson County Park and Recreation District’s
Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 48-6090320.
Commit to Health
SIGNING IN & OUT
Verifying Pick Ups-If we do not get a call, email, or note stating another person besides parents are not picking up, we will call to verify this. Please call the site number at 913.438.9650 if someone else is picking up your child(ren) so that our staff is informed and can attend to the kids.
Please remember to initial and time in and out your child(ren) daily.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Monday, January 4th
Friday, January 15th
Friday, January 29th
None for this month
Monday, January 18th MLK Jr. day
All Day OST:
Monday, January 4th. Staying on site.
Friday, January 15th. Staying on site.
Friday, January 29th. Staying on site.
- Snack: Commit to Health snacking with healthy alternatives, fresh fruits and veggies with delicious water.
- Homework/Reading time: After snack time your child(ren) can stay inside for our homework/reading time that will begin roughly at 4p and ends 4:30p. We encourage kids to work on homework but do not force them.
- Activities: We will provide clubs for kids to experience a wide range of activities. Some of the clubs include: Writing, Cooking, Art & Crafts, Fitness, and STEAM. As we progress through out the months, new clubs may be added.
- Outside/Gym Time: We believe it is essential for minds and bodies to have mental health breaks and join in on fitness breaks. Weather permitting we will go outside. JCPRD follows the Shawnee Mission school district’s weather policy. Please remember to have your child(ren) layer up and bring a jacket with their name labeled inside it. We will have structured activities for them to do during this time as well as free play.
- Check-Out: When you come to pick up your child(ren) please remember to WALK IN and SIGN THEM OUT. There is a late charge of a $1 per minute after 6:00pm
Rising Star OST Staff
Karen Beaman-Lead Teacher M-F
Shari Beikmann-Program Director M-F
Mackenzie Cox- Lead Teacher
Chance Lucas- Lead Teacher
Katy Barnes- Lead Teacher
Saige Cullen- Lead Teacher
Reggie Black- Assistant Teacher
Maddy Shackelford- Assistant Teacher
Molly Erwin-Program Director