Hazeldale Hawk—Back to School News
Hazeldale Elementary School Newsletter — August 7
Note From The Principal
Dear Hazeldale Families,
It is with great enthusiasm the staff is preparing to welcome your child back to school this September! We can’t wait to welcome your child into his/her classroom and work with you to help him/her have a great year of learning, relationship building, and memory making for the 2019-2020 school year.
We know you and your child are eager to find out who his/her teacher is and who classmates are! Teachers will return to work on Monday, August 26th, and stuff envelopes with a welcome letter for your child along with a few other important forms and pieces of information. Teachers will also email out the letter on Wednesday morning, August 28th, at approximately 8:30 am. Be sure to come to our Back to School Night on Thursday, August 29th to meet your child’s teacher and learn the important and essential pieces of information to get your child on a solid start for the school year! Please do not call the school prior to Thursday’s BTSN asking who your child’s teacher is.
We look forward to seeing you soon! Enjoy the last couple weeks of summer!
First Week of School Schedule (Parents of Kinders—take special note!):
Important Information: 2019 First Week of School Student Schedule
As noted in the District Calendar, the first day of school for many students is Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Please note the following first week schedule for elementary.
· The first day of school for students in grades 1-5 is Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
· Kindergarten: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 and Wednesday, September 4, 2019 will be reserved for individual student assessments by appointment only. Hazeldale Elementary will mail families of incoming kindergarten students their child's scheduled assessment time and date on August 7th, so watch your mailboxes! Please contact your elementary school beginning August 12th if you need to reschedule or have any questions. Half of each school’s kindergarten students will attend a full day of school on Thursday, September 5 (last names beginning A-L), and the other half of kindergarten students will attend school on Friday, September 6 (last names beginning M-Z; letters A-L stay home). Hazeldale will provide you with more detailed information in August. All kindergarten students will attend a full day of school on Monday, September 9, 2019.
Hazeldale Back to School Night for Parents/Annual Title 1A Meeting is THURSDAY, AUGUST 29TH
- 4:30-5:15—Families that are Bilingual (in need of interpreters for conferences) and Families of English Language Learners—Information Session and Conference Sign Ups (table also available during education Fair 6-6:30)
- 5:30-6 Classroom Presentation #1
- 6-6:30 Education FAIR in the Cafeteria
- 6:30-7 Classroom Presentation #2
Hazeldale Calendar for 2019-2020
The Hazeldale Calendar is found below the heading titled "Connect."
Staff Roster for 2019-2020 - PDF download link below
Bus Route Information
District and School Handbooks
BSD STUDENT & FAMILY HANDBOOK
The Student/Family Handbook (SFH), first published in 1996-97, was established to protect both students' rights and those of others. The Handbook outlines the academic, behavioral and extracurricular expectations for students and provides guidelines for dealing with behaviors that interfere with the education of students and lead to disciplinary actions. The document is written to agree with local, state and federal laws and is updated each year.
HAZELDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL HANDBOOK
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
Hazeldale’s Mission and Vision
Hazeldale Elementary School works to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to engage with power and agency in a changing world.
We provide a learning environment and instruction that promotes engagement, academic excellence, self-confidence, independence, risk and resilience. We foster respect, an appreciation of self and others, and collaboration through inquiry, exploration, goal setting, and service.
Hazeldale Elementary School
The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on any basis protected by law, including but not limited to, an individual's actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, familial status, economic status, veteran status, or because of a perceived or actual association with any other persons within these protected classes.