September 11 , 2020
Map Testing begins next week for HST! September 14-17 It's time to show what you know!
If you are having any zoom login issues, please watch this video.
Harmony Health Services Notifications
Welcome to the 2020 school year! This year will be challenging, with many changes in education and the world at large. To help you navigate the School Health specific challenges for this year, we would like to make you aware of the following:
- Regardless of attendance on campus or virtually, your child is required by state law to submit completed vaccine records or original copy of the affidavit of reasons of conscience from the state to be enrolled.
- For current students, the deadline for submission was August 17th.
- For newly enrolled students, the deadline for submission is September 16th.
After these dates the campus will be required to unenroll your student. Please make sure complete copies of your records are submitted before this deadline.
- To reduce risk of exposure to students and staff, students will be seen for medications and scheduled treatments or illness concerns or scheduled appointments only.
- Students who display signs of illness will be quarantined and must be picked up by the parent within 1 hour.
- Students who do not display signs of illness needing quarantining will be returned to class.
This helps us keep students who are ill from unintentionally infecting students who are healthy during clinic visits. Thank you for your support.
Health guidelines including plans to keep your child healthy can be found in the Harmony Public Schools Back to School Playbook here: https://www.harmonytx.org/playbook
HST GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) Announcement!
Harmony School of Technology is now accepting gifted and talented nominations for NEWLY enrolled students in grades 6-8 for the Gifted and Talented screening process.
If your student was enrolled in the 2020-2021 school year and would like to be considered for GT testing, please fill out the attached nomination form (either English or Spanish version) or located in the front office or on the school website.
Forms can be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can return to the front office no later than September 30, 2020.
Parent Nomination form – English Click
Parent Nomination form – Spanish Click
Teacher Nomination Form Click
*Please disregard this announcement if your child is in the GT program already.
***Students who were tested in the Spring of 2020, last school year, are NOT eligible for testing *** They have to wait a full year to be retested.
For more information about the screening and identification process, please contact your school's GT Coordinator/Teacher Sevinc Mehmet ,email@example.com.
After School Clubs are coming soon!
HELPFUL LINKS FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
Child Nutrition and School Cafe Information
Dear Parents and Guardians// Estimado padres de familia y tutores,
Through this time of distance learning, Harmony continues to provide nutritious meals on select distribution days at your child’s school. Meals are available for a price of $1.75 for breakfast and $3.30 for lunch for students of paid eligibility, and $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch for students of reduced price eligibility. // Durante este tiempo de aprendizaje a distancia, Harmony continúa brindando comidas nutritivas en días selectos de distribución en la escuela de su hijo. Las comidas están disponibles por un precio de $1.75 para el desayuno y $3.30 para el almuerzo para estudiantes con elegibilidad pago, y $0.30 para el desayuno y $0.40 para almuerzo para estudiantes con elegibilidad de precio reducido. READ MORE ...
TOPICS INCLUDE: Improvements to Virtual Learning Campus Safety Protocols Academic Calendars Daily Schedules Grading Procedures Dropoff/Pickup Students with Special Needs Visitor Policy Mask Policy & Much More
HST Admin & Coordinator Team
Please contact us if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions.
If you have any questions regarding our programs, please contact the correct coordinator.
- Principal – Celil Basol – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal(Director of Program) – Mehmet Cellik- email@example.com
- Assistant Principal ( Director of Student Culture) – Lynn Hagemier- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal Resident – Kaitlin McIntyre - kmcIntyre@harmonytx.org
- Instructional Coach – Kari Waterworth- email@example.com
- Instructional Coach- Cali Nguyen- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Manager - Samra Didic- email@example.com
- Engagement and Support Coordinator – Ayse Tas- firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESL and Federal Programs Coordinator – Maria Piralla- email@example.com
- Student Discipline Coordinator – Deirdre Johnson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Education Coordinator – Mola Gayle email@example.com
- Testing and GT Coordinator-Mehmet Serdar Sevinc- firstname.lastname@example.org