Your source for all the TK-8 CORE Butte news!
From our Principal
Reminder: TK-8 Zoom Center Classes Continuing this Week
Greetings TK-8 Families,
Some of the schools in our area are beginning to open to in-person classes this week. We wanted to remind you that CORE Butte is doing a tiered reopening. TK-8 in-person classes will begin the week of October 26th with our Monday and Wednesday classes meeting in-person.
The following week, November 2-6th, our Tuesday and Thursday classes will meet in-person. We will continue with our Zoom classes this week as we work to support our students.
We will keep you updated with information as we move through this transition over the next few weeks. Thank you all for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented times.
CORE has established some safety guidelines and protocols for in-person meetings:
These protocols are to be followed whether the meeting occurs on or off campus.
Before arriving, Families are encouraged to:
- Check temperature at home before coming in to the Center
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or your temperature is above 100.4
- Use the restroom before arriving at the Center
Approved face coverings are required at all times while at the center or on the school grounds
Before Entering the Building:
- Wait out front for PLT
- Follow all social distancing guidelines
- PLT will verify Health Survey (please see clipboard at front desk)
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with recently experienced a fever (temperature over 100.4° F or 38° C) within the past 24 hours?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 24 hours (loss of smell, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite)?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been asked to self-isolate or quarantine in the last 2 weeks?
During Time at the Center and on Campus:
- PLT’s and families should walk straight to the meeting point. Do not congregate in common areas.
- Maintain proper social distancing
- Wear approved face covering
- Keep all family members together at the meeting point
- Adults should escort students to the bathroom
Departing the Center:
- PLT will escort the family to the exit.
- Families should maintain proper social distancing while moving toward the exit.
- Families should not congregate outside the building.
Shady Creek Registration Opens October 21st!
Fee: 241 EU’s per student
The purpose of this seasonal class is to prepare students for the Shady Creek week and provide a foundation for their experience.
Please be advised, while we are hoping for an in-person experience, COVID-19 restrictions might necessitate a Virtual Camp Experience instead.
The class will run once weekly on Mondays, 1-2:30pm, at the Chico Center, beginning December 7, and ending January 25.
We are hoping Shady Creek will be open for us to attend in-person.
If we cannot go up to Shady Creek itself, a Shady Creek naturalist will run a daily nature class for us via Zoom during our camp week.
If it is virtual, there will also be one nighttime Shady Creek campfire/music night and a closing ceremony, via Zoom!
The Shady Creek class will have the dual focus of environmental science activities and, if in-person, team building development designed to prepare students for/enhance their week at Shady Creek.
We will use the Shady Creek EcoQuest activity book along with exploration, research, and games.
In addition to learning what to expect, students will complete paperwork for Shady Creek, select nature names, and get to know other students and staff who will be accompanying them.
A parent meeting is planned 2-3 weeks before camp to answer questions and tie up loose ends.
The final class meeting will be held the week following the Shady Creek Camp, as one last opportunity is provided to reflect on classes and activities.
This class is a required for participation in the week-long Shady Creek Outdoor School, or to take part in the Shady Creek virtual experience week.
Parents will provide student transportation to and from Shady Creek, if we are able to meet in person.
Shady Creek Outdoor Environmental Science Camp: Jan. 19- 22 , 2021
Class is limited to 16 students in grades 5 & 6.
Class sign-ups begin on October 21st.
Please, Fill out your household information!
Your participation helps us secure much needed funding for our school...even if your student doesn't qualify for free or reduced-priced meals!!!
Dear CORE Family,
Several hundred thousand dollars in ADDITIONAL FUNDING to support our students is at stake!
Your CONFIDENTIAL household information may still be needed and is requested to secure this additional funding. Please take a moment today to complete this task if you have not done so already.
Please click this link and take a few minutes to complete:
The deadline is now for CORE to apply for this funding! CORE Butte receives funding from a variety of federal grants based on the number of children that QUALIFY for Free or Reduced Priced meals, regardless if they choose to participate in the meal program. There is a strict state deadline for collecting this information.
Alternatively, please contact your front desk person to receive a hard copy of the Meal Applications (our household data forms) to submit.
Help Us with our yearbook!
We are asking for your help to photodocument this historical school year.
Please use the link in the photo below to upload photos of what school looks like for your student(s) this year!
**By uploading your photo, you are giving CORE Butte Charter School permission to publish the photo in our 2020-21 yearbook.
**Submitting a photo does not guarantee its inclusion in the yearbook.
Make-Up pictures can still be taken, by appointment, at Mark Thau's Studio
Portrait Package information for Picture Days:
Chico Unified Nutrition Services Provides free Grab-and-Go meals for ALL kids under the age of 18:
At this time, CORE Butte will not be providing meals until we are back on campus. However, most of our local school districts are providing free meals to any child under the age of 18, regardless of school they attend. Check your local school district for locations.
Please Update your student's contact information!!
Zoom Etiquette For Students
Please be on time for the Zoom meeting.
Find a quiet place at the table or counter, not laying in bed, outside, in front of the television, etc.
Students must be in dress code while in the Zoom meeting.
Maintain RESPECT in both speaking, writing, and appearance.
School and Classroom rules apply during Zoom meetings.
Stay on mute. Please click the "raise hand" button if you would like to contribute.
Be aware of your surroundings. Make sure the background is school appropriate. Make sure others in your home know you are in a video session.
Video needs to remain ON to promote focus unless the teacher asks you to turn it off. Eye contact should be maintained.
Refrain from chewing gum, eating, or drinking in front of the camera.
Only use the chat feature if you are directing a comment/question to the teacher or the whole group.
At CORE Butte Charter School We Dress for Success!!!
- Clothing or hats bearing pictures, symbols or slogans related to: drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, or violence.
- Exposed underwear or underwear worn as outerwear
- Short shorts, short skirts, and short dresses without wearing tights or leggings underneath.
- Strapless tops/dresses, tube top, or shirts pulled down below the shoulder
For more details see the parent/student handbook.
Learning Period Dates:
Learning Period 2 - September 25 - November 4
Learning Period 3 - November 5 - December 18
Learning Period 4 - January 11 - February 24
Learning Period 5 - February 25 - April 16
Learning Period 6 - April 19 - May 28