October 16, 2023
FROM MRS. SMITH
Our next event will be The Healthy Kids Festival. It will be held on Saturday, October 21st from 8:00-1:00pm here at Travis through our partnership with InterFaith Community Clinic. It's an event where we bring health care providers to the school to address your child's needs.
Students will receive free medical/dental screenings, and immunizations. There will also be face painting and raffles for a free bike and scooter. This event is for any child 2-14 years of age.
We hope to see you there!
Charita Smith, Principal
Assessments this Week
Unity Day on October 18th
Referral Requests for Gifted and Talented Testing
Referrals will be accepted October 2- December 15, 2023. You may request a referral form from the front office or from Ms. Dominguez, our Assistant Principal. You can also find the referral form and other GT information on the CISD GT homepage.
Automated Library Notifications
If you don’t have a PAC account, you will need to register for one to access the email settings. You can also view the item(s) your student checked out by logging in to Destiny Discover through your student's SSO account. You can further manage your student’s access to library materials by completing the Library Access Form found on the Library Services website along with viewing other helpful information.
November 7th Bond Election
Prop A in Bond 2023 includes 8 new schools. Conroe ISD schools are collectively at 104% capacity with some campuses exceeding 150% of capacity. The largest project in Prop A is a new high school for the Conroe area to relieve Conroe and Caney Creek High Schools. Conroe High School’s enrollment is over 5,000 students and projected to exceed 6,000 students in three years.
New Schools in Prop A are as follows:
- The Woodlands Feeder Elementary (opens 2025)
- 242 Corridor Elementary (opens 2025)
- Grand Oaks 7-8, 9th Grade Campus (opens 2026)
- Grand Oaks Feeder Elementary (opens 2026)
- Conroe Area High School (opens 2027)
- Caney Creek 9th Grade Campus (opens 2027)
- Conroe Area Junior High (opens 2027)
- Conroe Area Intermediate (opens 2027)
Prop A also includes additions to 3 campuses. They are as follows:
- McCullough Junior High (500 seats)
- Hailey Elementary (100 seats)
- Ford Elementary (100 seats)
Early Pickup Cutoff Time and Transportation Changes
We don't take transportation changes by telephone. Transportation change requests need to be in writing. You may send a note to school with the child or you may email the change to the following email addresses listed below.
Ms. Ramirez (Receptionist) - firstname.lastname@example.org
General email- email@example.com
Conroe ISD is hiring:
* Child Nutrition is hiring cafeteria workers
* School Bus Driver
(No experience necessary and paid training provided)
Safety is a Top Concern
Additionally our front office staff have camera access to see what is happening on the outside of the building while we are on the inside of the building. You will also see a CISD police officer patrolling the area and frequently conducting campus walkthroughs.
If you see a concern please don't hesitate to call our front office!
Things to Know
Dismissal Tags:Please remind students to bring their dismissal tags to school daily and wear them around their neck during the school day (with the exception of PE and walk and talk). If a student loses their tag there is a $5 charge to print a new one.
A Note about Buses:
Intermediate campuses are the third tier for bus dismissal. We come after the high school and elementary schools. Some buses will frequently dismiss at a later time. If you have questions about your child's bus don't hesitate to contact the school.
Dropping Off Items:
Please note, lunches left at home may not be dropped off at this time. If your child forgets their lunch, they will receive a meal provided by the cafeteria.
Travis Cell Phone and Electronic Device Policy:
As stated in the district Elementary & Intermediate Student Handbook, students are allowed to have some electronic devices on campus (for example: cellphones).
At Travis cell phones and any other electronic device (smart watches, etc.) must remain turned off while on campus and in the student's backpack. If students do not comply with this policy, staff members may confiscate the cell phone or electronic device and turn them in to the assistant principal. A parent/guardian will need to come to the school to pick up any cell phones or electronic devices that has been confiscated, as it will not be returned to the student once taken up.
(We are still receiving items from our wish-list. We will soon get our school store up and running with the student gameroom following shortly after. Thank you for the donations!)
Travis Intermediate is a school located in Conroe ISD. We are a Title 1 campus with 96% economically disadvantaged students. At Travis Intermediate, we set high standards for our students. Our focus is the whole child; promoting successful learners and problem solvers, while fostering appropriate socialization and acceptance.
We created this list to ask our wonderful community to help us fill our PBIS Store and help build our game room. When students follow expectations, we want to reward them through our campus wide PBIS Program. Please consider purchasing one or more items to help us fill our store. Also please consider sharing our list with others.
Car Rider Important Information
Car Rider Tags:
All car rider tags will only be given to a parent or guardian. That parent/guardian may ask for as many tags as necessary to pass out to other drivers picking up their child.
Dress Code Highlights
- Tennis shoes are required for PE and for walk and talk daily. Wheeled shoes, house shoes, slides, flip flops and crocs should not be worn because they pose a safety threat.
- Pants with holes or rips must be worn with tights or shorts long enough to cover the students thighs.
- Pants should be worn at waist level, not sagging.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be fingertip length. When arms are straight down along a student's side, material should be long enough to touch the tips of the fingers.
- Clothing that may refer to or advertise tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any other prohibited substance or displays vulgar/inappropriate language, obscenities, or graphics/pictures of any kind that are inappropriate for the school setting are not allowed.
- Hoods covering the head should not be worn in common areas inside the building. (hallways, cafeteria, auditorium)
Applications for Free or Reduced Lunch
- When you sign up for free and reduced meals every year you not only support your family with a needed benefit, but Travis Intermediate also receives increased funding for the school year. That extra funding is purely based on the number of students who receive service. You are helping your family and the school by completing the application every year. Please do not miss out on these available benefits.
- Complete one application per household. Eligibility is based on family income and size, or if the family has a SNAP or TANF number. The guidelines are located on the Free and Reduced Application.
- Parents will be notified if the students are eligible for Free/Reduced Meals.
- Students who participated in the Free/Reduced program during the previous year in Conroe ISD may continue to eat at the same Free/Reduced status for the first 30 days of school. When a new application is completed before the 30-grace period ends, the new status overrides last year’s status.
- Applications may take up to 10 days to process.
- Foster children are eligible for free meals. Please contact our office with student information for faster processing or fill out an online application.
- You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply.
- All student financial information is kept confidential in the Child Nutrition Office.
Please do not miss out on this benefit, complete your application as soon as possible.
Register for Bus Transportation
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Follow Us On Social Media
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.