From the Teacher's Desk
The latest news - Nov 20, 2015
Here are just a few of the fun disguises...there are more on our twitter site!
Highlights from The Last Couple of Weeks
- Enjoyed reading The Giving Tree - If you give Kindness, you get Happiness!
- Finished the Midwest Unit
- Wrapped up Unit 3 in Math - Factors, Multiples and Number Stories
- Began a new science unit with Mrs. Lanz: Water
- Read Jim Thorpe's Bright Path
- Finished our Global Read Aloud
- Began drafting scenes for narrative stories
- Celebrated the last Fun Run Reward - Extra Recess with Sven!
Fun Link: Bedtime Math
Need a fun way to talk math with your 4th grader? Check out these 5-minute math problems. Last week's problem is titled "MATH-Y MOUSTACHES"
A presentation from Wayzata Schools sharing some math learning resources, games, apps and puzzles:
The Balancing Act of Supporting Math Learning at Home
Calling All Scientists and Engineers!
Twitter This Week
Some helpful links for fourth graders
If you have five minutes at home, practicing those facts on xtramath is a great use of your time! Your child will learn how to log in on Monday.