Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of May 10-14
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
May 9, 2021
Dear Rocket Families,
I hope you have all enjoyed the nice weather over the weekend! I also hope all of our Rocket Moms have had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!
We have just a few announcements this week:
1. End-Of-Grade Testing (EOG) - We will have our EOG testing the week of May 17-21 for grades 3-5. Schedules for remote students will be shared by remote teachers. Attendance during this time is VERY important!
- Tuesday, May 18: 5th Grade Science
- Wednesday, May 19: Reading - Grades 3, 4 & 5
- Thursday, May 20: Math - Grades 3, 4 & 5
2. Summer School Learning Program invitations were sent out to eligible students last week. Please ensure you return forms to teachers by tomorrow, Monday, May 10 so that we may plan appropriately.
3. TITLE I FAMILY ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITY: I hope our students and families have enjoyed the Astronaut Starter STEAM Kits that were sent home with all face-to-face students. To further encourage participation, we ask that you please send a photo of your child with their models or your family working on the models to teachers - any photo that shows engagement - by way of class dojo by Monday, May 17. All students with a submitted photo will be entered in a raffle for prizes. REMOTE students who have not already picked up their kits may do so in the main office anytime this week M-F from 7 AM - 3 PM.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available by Dojo, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone – (828) 287-3778.
END-OF-GRADE Testing for FACE-TO-FACE Students (Remote teachers will communicate dates to all REMOTE students in grades 3-5)
- Week of May 17-21
- Tuesday, May 18 - 5th Grade Science and 3rd Grade Remote Math
- Wednesday, May 19 - Reading (Grades 3-5)
- Thursday, May 20 Math (Grades 3-5)
Last Day of School
- Friday, May 28th
Summer Learning Program
- June 1-July 13