December 21, 2018
In this Message:
- Enjoy Your Winter Break
- Bond/Community Engagement Meeting – Saturday, January 12
- Local Option Levy Survey Open until December 31
- 2019/2020 Preschool/Pre-K Classes Now Open for Applications
- Elementary Strings Move from Uplands to Forest Hills After Winter Break
- Online Registration Coming Next Month!
- ParentVUE Portal for Elementary School Parents
- Kindergarten Counts – January 23
- Traffic Impacts: Country Club Road – Week of January 7
- Weather Emergency Communications
- Annual Foundation Luncheon – January 29
- LO Rotary Club Offering Scholarships to World Affairs Seminar
- 2018 Tax Exemption for Parents of Children with Disabilities
- Nominate a Staff Member, Teacher, or Student for SASEE Awards
- Subscribe to Lake Oswego Schools App
- What's New at Community School?
Enjoy Your Winter Break
Bond/Community Engagement Meeting – January 12
Lakeridge Junior High School – cafeteria
4700 Jean Road; LO
All are invited to learn about the significant progress being made in our Bond work. Bring your questions, and we'll have answers.
Childcare will be provided.
Local Option Levy Survey Open until December 31
2019/2020 Preschool/Pre-K Classes Now Open for Applications
Application Opens: Monday, December 17
Application Closes: Monday, February 18
Lottery Process: Friday, March 1
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Shelli Fought at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 503.534.2125.
Elementary Strings Move from Uplands to Forest Hills After Winter Break
Online Registration Coming Next Month!
ParentVUE for Elementary School Parents
Parents of elementary students who do not already have an active ParentVUE account will soon receive a letter with an Activation Key and instructions on how to set up their ParentVUE account. Please contact your child's elementary school with questions.
Kindergarten Counts – January 23
Lake Oswego School District's Kindergarten Counts will take place Wednesday, January 23, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. at all elementary schools. This event introduces Lake Oswego parents to the full-day kindergarten program and Extended Day program and ensures that new families are connected to their school. All families with a child who will be five years old by September 1, 2019, are encouraged to attend.
This year Kindergarten Counts will coincide with the debut of the District’s new online registration portal. Rather than providing a paper registration form that night, parents will learn about online registration so that they can later enroll their children from home or wherever they access the internet (no registration via smartphone).
Traffic Impacts: Country Club Road – Week of January 7
During this time, several temporary traffic revisions will be in place 24/7:
- Country Club Road will be reduced to two lanes, one travel lane in each direction, and traffic will be shifted
- Stop signs will be temporarily removed for east and westbound traffic on Country Club Road (at Six Corners and 10th Street)
- C Avenue, 10th Street and the northbound leg of Iron Mountain Blvd. will be closed at Country Club Road
- Traffic speed may be reduced through the corridor
Weather Emergency Communications
Annual Foundation Luncheon – January 29
Get Your Tickets for the Annual Foundation Luncheon
Join us for our biggest community celebration of the year! The Foundation luncheon is a wonderful opportunity to meet members of our community and support our students. The event sells out every year -- so be sure to purchase your tickets here today! This year's speaker is Debbie Craig, one of our community's biggest champions, a trustee with Meyer Memorial Trust, and a passionate advocate for public education and the outdoors. Also, as an alumna of Lake Oswego High School and a parent of Lakeridge High School alumni, Debbie will have great stories to share.
LO Rotary Club Offering Scholarships to World Affairs Seminar
Lakeridge and Lake Oswego High School sophomores and juniors are eligible. Students may apply for this impressive college resume builder by going to www.lakeoswegorotary.org/WorldAffairs.php.
2018 Tax Exemption for Parents of Children with Disabilities
Nominate a Staff Member, Teacher, or Student for SASEE Awards
If parents are ever concerned about a student’s well-being, feel free to reach out to your principal. It is important to keep your lines of communication open and maintain strong partnerships between students, families, staff, and other resources.
SafeOregon also is an effective way to report a tip regarding safety threats or potential acts of violence to our students or schools.
(Students should also know that intentionally providing a false report is a serious offense.)
What's New at Community School?
The LOSD Community School offers enrichment and athletic programs and activities for students of all ages, including robotics, STEM, arts, language, and theater.
You are receiving this message because you are the parent or guardian of a student in the Lake Oswego School District.
We hope you will assist us in our efforts to communicate efficiently and economically by continuing to receive these messages.
If you believe you have received this communication in error, or if you no longer wish to receive email communications from your school and the district, please contact:
Christine Moses, Communications Director at Christine.Moses@loswego.k12.or.us