Lincoln Middle School
October 16, 2020
Families' email accounts continue to overflow without a doubt. We continue to strive to keep our newsletters concise and easy to navigate. As always, I encourage parents and guardians to check emails, newsletters, and websites for important school information.
I would like to take just a few moments of your time to publicly recognize Lincoln's technology support staff: Mr. Dave Cessna, Building Technology Assistant, and Ms. Kate Sassatelli, Technology Integration Coach. Their efforts have been tireless in maintaining our staff and student's ability to successfully teach and learn during our remote learning experience. Their "behind the scenes" work is outstanding, commendable, and truly appreciated. Thank you.
I hope all enjoy the sunny fall days ahead of us.
Ms. Sassatelli, Lincoln Tech Coach . . . It's Digital Citizenship Week !
Digital Citizenship Week is October 19-23!
Use these great online activities to spark conversations with your child:
Each activity is self-guided and helps students think through decisions they may encounter online. All students have access to these Digital Citizenship games on their ClassLink dashboard, but no login is required so anyone in the family can play!
From the Front Office!
Sometimes things change!
Need to change contact information (phone#s, emails, etc.)?
Email Mrs. Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org) to update any important information.
A Message from Mrs. Walsh, Lincoln LRC Director
WHAT IS YOUNG ADULT READING?
Please take a moment to read this LRC Newsletter as it shares valuable information about YA novels . . . Young Adult reading. Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Walsh at email@example.com with any questions regarding YA novels.
A Message from District 214 . . . Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - An event for 8th Grade parents and students . . .
Click here for the flyer for District 214's College & Career Ready! Night program for all current D214 families and families of all 8th graders matriculating to D214 next year. This event will provide families with a great opportunity to learn about D214's Career Pathways program as well as course options to think about in advance of registering for freshman year classes.
FROM YOUR SCHOOL NURSE, MRS. SMITH: ATTENTION! PARENTS OF 6TH GRADERS and NEW STUDENTS !
- All incoming 6th grade and new students must submit a completed school physical and immunization record to the health office prior to in person learning.
- Dental forms are also required but they are not required for in person learning.
- Physical exams after August 24, 2019 and dental examinations done after 11/15/19 fulfill the requirement.
- Once In-Person learning resumes, if the required paperwork has not been received, your child will be excluded from school.
- Paperwork can either be emailed to the school nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dropped off at Lincoln Middle School (collection bin located in the foyer/front of building from 7am-3pm) or faxed to (847) 394-7358.
- Please make sure to complete the health history section at the top of the form, sign and date--this section is completed by parent.
- Medical forms can be found at this link.
QUEST . . . District 57's Hot Lunch Provider
The entire district will have the capability to order lunch and a la carte items off of a new ordering platform.
• Please create an account with My Meal Order. Instructions are linked below. This will allow you to select the daily meals and/or a la carte options.
• Meal orders must be submitted by Thursday at midnight for the next week.
• You will be required to create an account and transactions will happen at the point of order.
• It is highly recommended that the “low balance” notification is set up for your My Meal order account to ensure continuous food service. Insufficient funds will result in delayed ordering and may result in your order for the next week not being processed.