Honors in Action
What is Honors in Action?
Honors in Action is a sub project of Phi Theta Kappa and falls under the hallmark of scholarship. The purpose of honors-in-action is to pick one of the 10 study topics and bring it to life. This year's topic, chosen by you, the members, is a focus on food and nutrition (theme 7: health on the program guide).
Through engaging in Honors in Action, students develop and demonstrate:
- awareness of the importance of seeking out multiple perspectives augment understanding and improve decision-making.
- abilities to draw research conclusions and develop ideas to make a difference.
- effective planning and capabilities to initiate action.
- intentional and purposeful efforts to grow leadership skills.
- understanding of the need to involve others and work together
- capacities to lead and manage self and others to motivate, overcome obstacles, perform in complicated environments and accomplish goals.
- aptitudes for assessing progress, adjusting to circumstances and measuring results quantitatively and qualitatively.
Make a change, become a leader! Work with others to plan and conduct activities, events, and projects. Be the person your dog thinks you are.