The King of the World 💰
By Exodus, Diya, and Julia
Gold: The New King of the European World
So What's Inside Today's Issue?
- Spanish and England Go To War-
- What exactly is the Northwest Passage?
- Daily Comics- Cartier
- Viewpoint- Interviews From the Past
- Where's Everyone going?
- Money & Economy- Inflation Trouble
Spain and England Go to War
What's the Northwest Passage?
VIEWPOINT: Interviews from the Past
The Lost Colony of Roanoke: An Interview with John White
After England's war with Spain, Mr. White of Roanoke went to revisit his colony where he found out- it was deserted. "I have no idea what happened!" John White exclaimed when our reporters asked him the hard-hitting questions.
Q: What do you believe happened at Roanoke?
A: I have no idea! The war between England and Spain prevented me from coming back to Roanoke. When I did come back, the whole place was deserted.
Q: Our sources say that you found something quite interesting. What was it?
A: The words Croatan were carved on some wood. (Mr. White glancing behind his back.) They are group of Natives who live Roakone.
Q: Do you think that the Croatan did something to them?
Mr. White abruptly leaves the room.
The Loast Colony of Roanoke is still a mystery today.
Down the Mississippi: An Interview with La Salle
(French to English Translation)
Q: So how was is traveling down the Missispi River?
A: Of course there were some hardships, but it was well worth it.
Q: How does it feel to represent your country, France?
A: It feels wonderful!!!! The King had send a letter a few months after my journey.
Q: Who's your role model?
A: Chaimplan! He claimed so much for France, and established that trading post....um, what's it's name? Ah, Quebec!!
- In present-day Canada, along the St. Lawrence river
- Thanks to La Salle french settlements were established along the Mississippi River, and present day Louisiana
- called New Netherlands, located between Hudson and Delaware Rivers (basically parts of present-day New Jersey, New York, Delaware, and Conneticut.)