Holly Academy News & Views
February 28, 2020
Coffee & Conversation
Power of the Pack!
Did You Know...
Fun facts about the 5th grade team:
- Mrs. L. Sheppard has four kids, three dogs, two homes, and one husband!
- Mrs. N. Shephard is left-handed. The firstborn in her family for the past five generations have been left-handed!
- Miss Kolinsky was a three-sport athlete in high school. She was an ALL COUNTY 2nd baseman, which means she was voted as one of the top 2nd basemen in her county!
March is Reading Month kicks off Monday at Holly Academy. During the month of March, we celebrate all things reading! This year's theme is "Reading is My Favorite Sport!" Our activities will be centered around both reading and wellness.
Be sure to check out the large football fields on display in each building. Classrooms are competing against each other to see who reads the most during the month of March. Be sure to check out the calendar of events for the month below! Keep reading, Huskies!
Just a reminder: posters for the March is Reading Month contest are due Monday!
If you have a child that will be ready for Young 5's or Kindergarten in the fall, you need to fill out an application to reserve their spot.
Applications are available in the office, on our website, and attached. It's great to be a Husky!
Order Form for Author Visit
March is Craft Month! Do you love hands-on activities where you can get creative using craft supplies, recyclable materials and drawing utensils? Celebrate Craft Month by exploring the all-new Camp Invention® program, where you will take creativity to a whole new level! This summer, you will have fun with friends as you explore sports trading cards, sketch and draw solutions to exciting challenges, and design gadgets to help save the Earth!
When: June 22-26th, 2020
Time: 9am-3:30pm (before/aftercare is available)
Where: Holly Academy
For children entering grades K - 6
SAVE $25 expires 3/31/20. Promo code DSB25
SAVE $15 use between 4/1/20-5/12/20. Promo code DSB15
Secure your spot today hollyacademy.org/ci
Annual Education Report
- Mar. 2 - "March is Reading Month" begins
- Mar. 4 - "Coffee & Conversation" at 8:00am in media center
- Mar. 5 - Wellness Night, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Mar. 6 - Music Dept.dress down, $1.00
- Mar. 12 - PTO meeting at 8:00am
- Mar. 13 - Caring Commitee dress down, $1.00
- Mar. 17 - Book Fair begins
- Mar. 20 - Book Fair ends
- Mar 20 - El Mago de Oz performances at 10:00am, 2:00pm, and 6:00pm in the auditorium
- Mar. 20 - PBIS dress down, $1.00
- Mar. 25 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Mar. 27-Apr. 3 - Spring break
Monday, March 2nd
JV white at home vs. SOTL at 5:00pm
Tuesday, March 3rd
JV White away at SOTL at 5:00pm
JV Maroon at home vs CSA at 5:00pm
Varsity at home vs CSA at 6:00pm
Wednesday, March 4th
JV White at home vs JV Maroon at 5:00pm
Thursday, March 5th
JV White at home vs Cornerstone at 5:00pm
Varsity at home vs. McBrooks at 6:00pm
Holly Academy Education Fund Open Trustee Position
Are you looking for a fun way to become more involved in your child’s school? Do you enjoy meeting new people and working toward a positive goal? Then consider applying to become a trustee for the Holly Academy Education Foundation (HAEF)!
Fill out the application to apply. Submit to the office by April 1, 2020.