Elginburg & District Public School
September 1st, 2020
Hello Elginburg Families!
Don't forget that we have staggered entry for the first 6 days of school! We will see students from A-L on Thursday, September 3rd and students from M-Z on Friday, September 4th!
This afternoon, our staff have been busy calling you! We hope hearing our friendly voices will help ease the first day jitters.
A few things to remember:
- Parents are not allowed in the school building or on the playground - safety first!
- There will be staff at the front of the school to welcome students and direct them to the playground (we will also help worried students get to their lineup & sad parents to their car - :))
- We will only be using the EAST doors (not the parking lot entrance) to enter the yard.
- Parking will be a challenge; take your time and be patient
- End of the Day: All children will exit the building via the EAST gate. They will depart from oldest to youngest. For the first few weeks we will start departing at 3:25 to ensure all students have time to get to the bus. You can meet them on the front lawn of the school: once you have your child(ren) please head to your car to make way for other parents
- Students will wear their masks before and after school; even on the back yard
- Recess will be MASK FREE
- Mask breaks are built into our day - lots of outside time for learning and fresh air
- Remember to bring a change a clothes in case you get wet!
- Grade 1-8 - all backpacks will be on the back of your child's chair or in a basket in the classroom. Don't over pack!
- If you wear rubber boots to school please bring a change of shoes
- Footwear must be running shoes for safety reasons/and phys. ed.
- Label your child's belongings
- Send 2 masks in case one gets wet or soiled
- Students will keep their masks in a safe spot in the classroom during recess
- There will not be recess before school; students will go straight to their line up in the yard with their MASK ON
Call us with ANY questions,
Principal and Lead Learner
Hi, Grade 3/4! You will find me on the yard by the dumpsters! Lucky us!
Hi, Grade 1! You will find me by the back entrance to the school. Look for my sign and my smiling face!
Hi, Grade 1/2! You will find me by back entrance to the school! Do yo see the numbers on the pavement behind me? That will help you find me!
Mrs. Jerreat and Mrs. MacKinnon
Hi, Grade 4/5! You will find me on the pavement by the primary climber! See you soon!
Hi, Grade 5/6! You will find me on the pavement by one of the basketball nets! Look for my sign!
Hi, Grade 6/7! You will find me in the middle of the pavement waving my sign wildly!
Mrs. Jerreat and Mrs. MacKinnon
Hi, Grade 7/8! You will find me on the pavement! Look for my sign!
Hi, Grade 2/3! You will find me on the pavement by the primary climber.
Here we are!
Where Do I Go on the First Day?
How Will I Go to the Washroom?
Please Return Borrowed Technology on THURS and FRI
Please put the device in your child's backpack on the first day of school. We will collect them and disinfect them.
Don't forget the cord!
Access to School
If your child is arriving after the start of the school day, use the outdoor buzzer and your child will be signed in.
If your child needs to leave early for an appointment, please contact the school office ahead of time, so we can have your child/ren ready.
If will be very important to have children at school on time this year, and where possible schedule appointments outside of school hours. We want to keep children safe by having the least amount of movement throughout the school.
If you were on a bus last year, you are set up for busing this year. If you are new to Elginburg you need to fill out the bus form at https://triboard.ca/
Please visit https://triboard.ca/covid19/ for the latest protocols and expectations for riders and families.