Week of April 11
Week at a Glance
Monday, April 11
- 504 meetings today
- Staff Meeting @ 3:40
Tuesday, April 12
- Beverly Cleary's 100th Birthday
Wednesday, April 13
- Michelle at counselor's meeting in PM
- Jeans day with a spirit shirt....just because :)
- Dr. Brown visits @ 8:30 AM
- Birdville Council PTA Luncheon
Friday, April 15
- Last day for progress monitoring on STAR 360
- End of 5th six weeks
- Movie Night on the lawn (weather permitting)-Inside Out
- Thanks to Tammi and Carolyn for all your work to get the kids prepared to go to camp. Thanks also to Jezzekah and Michelle for chaperoning. Angie came out on Thursday night to hang out with the kids too. A big thanks to the teachers that let the students that didn't go to camp stay in their room too! Camp was a ton of fun and the kids learned so much too!
- Thanks to Jacqui for all the work she has been putting into getting the STAAR Alt 2 tests prepared and administered to her students. Please make sure your kids are quiet as you pass Jacqui's room as she can test at any point during the day.
- Thanks to World Vision, 6 Stones and CenterPonint Church for providing our teachers school supplies to make it until the end of the school year. I was called last week about this but didn't realize how extremely awesome it was going to be for all of you. If you were not here on Friday when they came to our school, we had someone get supplies for your classroom. If we missed a room, please let Traci know because 6 Stones left a few boxes just in case.
- Thanks to Chad and Michelle for taking care of things while I was out at the beginning of last week and gone to camp. I know the school is in good hands when I have to leave. I hate missing school, but I needed to be with my mom. I appreciate your understanding.
- Thanks to Michelle Bolin and Luke Creason for getting us extra help with some of our smaller students that we are having difficulties with at this time. Thanks to Barbie for helping come up with ways to help some of our SPED kids with special situations too.
- Thanks to Magaly and Deedra for your flexibility and willingness to help wherever you ladies are needed. Thanks to Linda and Angie pitching in and helping where ever you were needed on Friday! All of our Educational Assistants work so hard and I reallyI appreciate all of you!
- Thanks Stacy, Angie and Kathryn for volunteering to help Sheri tutor third graders in reading to get them prepared for the upcoming STAAR test. I am so grateful that we have a staff that is willing to pitch in where you are needed!
- Thanks to Aletha and Jenny for running the Art/PLC meetings on Fridays and rearranging WIN groups to meet student needs. Thanks to all of you for your flexibiltiy as we need to rearrange some groups to meet the needs of our STAAR grade levels and re-testers in 5th (if we have any!).
If you have not gone to training to get your teacher iPad, the district is now offering more Project Innovate classes. It is my understanding that all employees that work with kids are eligible for this training. Go to Eduphoria and search the classes for Project Innovate and sign up! The classes are after school at Shannon, right down the street. The class is about an hour long and you get an iPad for your own use as long as you are a BISD employee.
Birdville ISD employees can now purchase and use Microsoft Office Professional 2016 at home for as low as $9.95/yr (certain restrictions apply). [Learn More] about this exciting offer. The Office 2016 Professional suite includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher and more! Please note: The technology department does not support software on personal computers.
Tibits of Info
- We will have a staff meeting this Monday. Please come prepared to share something that you are doing with technology in your classroom. You may want to bring an iPad or share something that you have made/use on the SMARTboard. Also, I would like to discuss how PDSA is working in your rooms. If you want to take a picture of your PDSA board with your iPad that would be great.
- I want to remind everyone that the walkie-talkies are for emergency purposes. If you have a child that really needs our assistance that is hurt on the playground or is endanger of hurting himself or others in the room then don't hesitate to use this system. When you use the walkie talkie it broadcasts into every classroom. The walkie talkie should be used for emergencies only. Use the phone and call the office for non-emergency situations. Thanks!
- Dr. Brown will be here this Thursday. Please be sure to update your data boards in the hallways. Also, please make sure that you have a TEKS posted with your work on your bulletin boards. I would love for Dr. Brown to see the great things that we are doing here at RES.
- This Friday night we will be having a family movie night. Anyone that is able to stay or come back and help that would be great. EAs may earn comp time for helping at this event.
- April is Volunteer Month. Please be sure to thank the ones that volunteer here at RES. They make a big difference. We are planning on having a luncheon on April 22 at 11:30 in the library. We are going to ask each teacher to give a donation for the luncheon and we are going to have it catered. If everyone gave $5-$10, it would be much cheaper and easier than buying and preparing food. You of course may give more if you choose. Please give your donation to Traci so that we can get the food ordered. If you would like to help decorate for the event, I know that Traci would greatly appreciate it. We could decorate that Thursday after school, since there is no classes in the library that day. Also, it would be great if the kids made cards and notes to be given to the volunteers.
- April is Volunteer Appreciation Month
- April 4-20-Open enrollment period for students out of district or out of "zone"
April 4- 15 -Progress Monitoring Window for STAAR 360
April 18-Birdville Cluster Choir Concert
April 19-Grades and Awards due
April 20-LOL at BCTAL
April 22-Awards Day
April 22-Fundraiser Party in PM
April 22-Volunteer Luncheon
April 25-Staff Meeting
April 26- Museum Night/Book Signing for Jessica Caceres' new book-Cora Lynn-Preorders going home to students and are due by April 19th
May 2-13-Progress Monitoring Window for STAAR 360
Open Enrollment Application
Click title for additional details or go to www.birdvilleschools.net/openenrollment
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15